DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kd2bph/the_wearable) has announced the addition of Signals and Systems Telecom's new report "The Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts" to their offering.
While wearable technology has been utilized in vertical sectors such as the military and healthcare for many years, ongoing advances have triggered a major resurgence of the concept, particularly among the consumer community.
Key enabling technologies including low cost sensors, wireless connectivity, active materials and energy have converged to make wearable technology mainstream. With the continued miniaturization of enabling technologies, wearable devices have hit the mass market in a diverse variety of form factors, ranging from glasses to even jewelry.
Driven by the ability to interconnect with key modern trends of healthcare, fitness, messaging and socialization, the wearable technology ecosystem is attracting significant levels of interest. Companies as varied as smartphone OEMs, wireless carriers, health insurers and retailers are circling the ecosystem alongside tiny startups, all vying for a stake.
SNS Research estimates that by 2015, wearable devices shipments will surpass 90 Million and will account for nearly $20 Billion in revenue. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next six years. By the end of 2020, wearable device shipments will surpass 340 Million and account for nearly $57 Billion in revenue.
The report presents an in-depth assessment of the wearable technology ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, investment potential, consumer & vertical market opportunities, use cases, future roadmap, value chain, case studies, vendor market share and strategies. The report also presents forecasts for wearable device shipments and revenue from 2014 through to 2020. The forecasts are further segmented for 7 device form factor submarkets, 6 vertical markets, 6 regions and 73 countries.
- Wearable technology ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Enabling technology for wearable devices
- Prospects of standardization and regulation for wearable technology
- Wearable technology industry roadmap and value chain
- Assessment of vertical market opportunities and use cases for consumer, healthcare, retail & hospitality, military, public safety and 8 other verticals
- Case studies of wearable technology deployments
- Company profiles and strategies of 276 wearable technology ecosystem players
- Wearable device vendor market share
- Prospects of smartphone OEMs in the wearable technology ecosystem
- LTE Direct and its impact on wearable technology
- Strategic recommendations for enabling technology providers, wearable device OEMs, vertical market players, application developers and wireless carriers
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation
- Wearable device shipments and revenue
- Wearable application ecosystem revenue
- Wearable driven wireless carrier service revenue
- Retail & Hospitality
- Public Safety
Form Factor Submarkets
- Smart Bands
- Smart Watches
- Smart Glasses
- Smart Clothing
- Smart Jewelry
- Heads-up Displays
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: An Overview of Wearable Technology
Chapter 3: Vertical Opportunities & Use Cases
Chapter 4: Industry Roadmap & Value Chain
Chapter 5: Market Analysis & Forecasts
Chapter 6: Key Market Players
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kd2bph/the_wearable
Source: Signals and Systems Telecom