Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. Board of Directors Under Investigation by Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP

LOS ANGELES--()--Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. (“Peoples Federal” or the “Company”) (PEOP) related to the proposed sale of the Company to Independent Bank Corp (“Independent”) (INDB). Under the terms of the transaction, 60% of Peoples Federal outstanding shares will be exchanged for Independent shares at a fixed ratio of 0.5523 per Peoples Federal share, with the remaining 40% exchanged for $21.00 per share in cash.

This investigation concerns whether the Board of Directors of Peoples Federal breached their fiduciary duties to stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before agreeing to enter into the proposed transaction, and whether the Company has disclosed all material information to shareholders about the transaction.

If you are a shareholder of Peoples Federal, if you have information or would like to learn more about our investigation, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Louis Boyarsky, Esquire, Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP, 1925 Century Park East, Suite 2100, Los Angeles, CA 90067, by telephone at (310) 201-9150 or Toll Free at (888) 773-9224 or by email to shareholders@glancylaw.com. This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.

Contacts

Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP
Louis Boyarsky, Esquire
310-201-9150
Toll Free at 888-773-9224
shareholders@glancylaw.com

Release Summary

Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. (PEOP)

Contacts

Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP
Louis Boyarsky, Esquire
310-201-9150
Toll Free at 888-773-9224
shareholders@glancylaw.com