DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/334mr3/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
France has a highly developed and mature life insurance segment; in terms of gross written premium it is the second-largest in Europe in 2012, after the UK. The segment accounted for 60.7% of the French insurance industry's gross written premium in 2013. Turbulent financial and economic conditions adversely affected the segment's performance during the review period, as the volatile financial market and sluggish economic growth created a poor investment environment. Moreover, low interest rates made French consumers reluctant to invest in long-term life insurance saving products, leading the segment to post a review-period CAGR of -2.0%.
- France has a highly developed and mature life insurance segment; in terms of gross written premium it is the second-largest in Europe in 2012, after the UK.
- French life insurers are expected to undertake restructuring initiatives due to the implementation of Solvency II, and reduce their operating costs to contain any resultant losses.
- Many smaller companies are expected to merge with larger firms.
- Challenges faced by the segment are encouraging insurers to focus on minimizing acquisition costs, as well as focus on maximizing underwriting profits while writing new business.
- The aging population created a significant demand for life insurance products in France during the review period.
- The recovery of European countries from the financial crisis, as well as domestic consumption rates, government reforms and an improving investment environment in the country will supplement the recovery of the French life segment over the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Regional Market Dynamics
4 Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
5 French Insurance Industry Attractiveness
6 Life Insurance Outlook
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - French Life Insurance
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
12 Business Environment and Country Risk
- CNP Assurances
- Groupe Crédit Agricole Assurance
- BNP Paribas Cardif
- Generali France
- Société Générale Insurance
- Allianz France
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/334mr3/life_insurance_in