CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pioneer Metal Finishing, a manufacturing company that offers a wide array of metal finishing services with locations across the U.S. and Mexico, has implemented workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated in the Kronos Cloud.
- As detailed in Constellation Research, Inc.’s “System Consolidation in the Cloud Enables Rapid Growth: Fast-Growing Metal Finishing Company Puts HR System in the Cloud”, Pioneer Metal is rapidly growing, both organically and through acquisitions. The manufacturer needed a workforce management solution that could scale for its growing employee population.
- The Kronos Workforce Ready® suite – including time and attendance, human resources, and payroll – replaces a legacy mainframe-based product used by Pioneer Metal and operated by a service bureau provider. The previous product had limited functionality and reporting capabilities for the rapidly expanding enterprise of 1,400 employees.
- Since going live, the Kronos solution has helped Pioneer Metal cut down on costs and improve efficiencies, running at half the operating cost of its previous vendor while also doubling business functionality.
- Pioneer Metal also leverages Kronos mobile applications to provide employees with anytime, anyplace access to their leave balances and paycheck information via their mobile devices. Leveraging Kronos mobile applications also frees up HR staff to spend time on more value-added activities.
- With the Kronos solution, Pioneer Metal HR staff is able to easily and quickly load new hire information into the system, which is particularly beneficial when the company conducts an acquisition requiring hundreds of records to be loaded within a short timeframe.
- Pioneer Metal leveraged Kronos professional services staff to conduct the implementation. The Pioneer Metal IT team continues to benefit from the Kronos Cloud deployment, as they now rely on Kronos for upgrades and timely access to the latest product enhancements.
Brad Nycz, director, HR, Pioneer Metal Finishing
“We are expanding rapidly and needed a workforce management solution that is globally scalable and available in the cloud so we can focus our resources on other priorities at this juncture of growth. With Kronos, Pioneer Metal gained an easy-to-use, innovative solution, as well as enhanced reporting capabilities, higher-quality data, and vast efficiencies.”
Charlie DeWitt, vice president, business development, Kronos
“Pioneer Metal operates 24 hours a day; five days a week, with complex pay rules across a variety of regions. As Pioneer Metal continues to grow, it is important that the company has a solution that can accommodate growth and handle industry-specific needs. With Kronos, it is poised to do both successfully.”
- “System Consolidation in the Cloud Enables Rapid Growth: Fast-Growing Metal Finishing Company Puts HR System in the Cloud” was published by Holger Mueller, vice president and principal analyst, Constellation Research, Inc., June 30, 2014
- About Pioneer Metal Finishing
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos, Workforce Ready, and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.