DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h72x8q/reinsurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The South African reinsurance segment grew steadily during the review period (2009-2013) despite the adverse impact of the global economic crisis, at a review-period CAGR of 6.9%. The segment was led by the treaty reinsurance category and performed a well-documented role in managing liquidity and capital of insurance companies.
- It provides historical values for South Africa's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in South Africa's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in South Africa and its growth prospects.
- The insurance industry's robust review-period growth and the frequent occurrence of natural disasters, which forced insurers to share larger proportions of risk, drove growth in the South African reinsurance segment during the review period at a CAGR of 6.9%.
- The South African reinsurance segment is concentrated, with the six leading companies accounting for a segmental share of 88.1% in gross written premium terms in 2012.
- Treaty reinsurance led the reinsurance segment in 2013, representing 55.1% of written premiums, while facultative reinsurance accounted for 44.9%.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 South African Republic Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
5 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
6 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Munich Re
- Hannover Re
- Hannover Life Re
- General Re
- African Re
- Swiss Re Life
- RGA Re
- Scor Africa
- Flagstone Re
- Saxum Re
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h72x8q/reinsurance_in.