DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84slbm/energy_efficiency) has announced the addition of the "Energy Efficiency in Shipping Conference 2014: Latest Innovations and Techniques to Improve Fuel Economy" conference to their offering.
Energy Efficiency in Shipping Conference 2014: Latest Innovations and Techniques to Improve Fuel Economy, London, November 11th/12th 2014, London
Reducing emissions is necessary in this new age of sustainability and environmental awareness; however, the cost of fuel has risen significantly in the last decade. This means ship operators have to absorb the costs, pass them onto the customer, or try and reduce fuel usage. Reducing fuel usage is the most common sense approach to this issue, and there are a number of ways this can be done, from hull coatings, to route management, hybrid propulsion and even alternative fuels.
Measuring these techniques is an issue for ship-owners, because not one can be measured in situ, but has to be measured amongst everything else. So there is no way of measuring an accurate ROI. This has the effect of making any investment decision one based on rationale rather than concrete results.
Finally, new innovations in increasing fuel economy appear on the market all the time. Some have been researched for years, some only recently, but they all deserve a proper examination. Moreover, the techniques and technologies that have been in use already can be shown to have worked or not.
- Ship Owners, Operators & Managers
- Pool Operators & Charterers
- Regulators & Lawyers
- Bankers & Insurers
- Ports & Terminals
- Service Providers
- Technology Suppliers
- Consultants & Researchers
- Shipyards, Dry-docks & Scrapyards
- What works and doesn't work for a ship operator?
- Latest regulatory updates for ship-owners and operators.
- Is alternative fuels and LNG a viable substitute to the marine fuel used today?
- How the latest developments in propulsion contribute to fuel efficiency?
- Hybrid propulsion an efficient alternative method of propulsion?
- How widespread is Route management as a non-technical method of increasing fuel economy?
- How successful is SEEMP implementation in the industry?
- What are the latest eye catching innovations in technology?
- How important is measuring efficiency improvements a strategic necessity for ROI?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84slbm/energy_efficiency