DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pjx29z/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in New Zealand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
New Zealand's personal accident and health segment recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% during the review period (2009-2013). The segment accounted for the second-largest proportion of the total industry's gross written premium in 2013, with a share of 34.8%. In 2013, personal accident insurance was the largest category in the segment in terms of gross written premium, representative of a share of 58.0%, followed by health insurance with 42.0%.
- According to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), health expenditure in New Zealand in 2010 stood at 10.1% of GDP. - In 2012, the country's population stood at 4.3 million. Sustained low fertility and mortality rates mean the population is gradually aging, with the 65-years-and-over age group being the fastest-growing group, accounting for 13.6% of the population. - In order to bring the industry in line with international practices, the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010 (IPSA) was enacted in 2010. - The travel insurance category was the fastest growing in the personal accident and health segment with a review-period CAGR of 7.8%.
- According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) statistics, public sector spending on healthcare, as a percentage of GDP, increased to 10.3% in New Zealand in 2011.
- Insurers' earnings from investments are likely to be effected by the low interest-rate environment in New Zealand; rates stood at 8.94% in 2008 and decreased to 5.53% in 2013.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 New Zealand Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
5 Analysis by Distribution Channels
6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - New Zealand Personal Accident and Health Insurance
7 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
8 Governance, Risk and Compliance
9 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
10 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Sovereign Assurance Company Ltd
- Southern Cross Healthcare Group
- AIA New Zealand
- Lumley General Insurance (NZ) Ltd
- Tower (NZ) Ltd
- AIG Insurance New Zealand Ltd
- Allianz New Zealand Ltd
- Medical Assurance Society New Zealand
- ACE Insurance Ltd
- Partners Life Ltd
- Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Ltd
- BNZ Life
- Westpac New Zealand Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pjx29z/personal_accident