DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrqr85/smart_lighting) has announced the addition of the "Smart Lighting Market by Component, Lighting Type, Connectivity Technology & Geography - Global Forecast & Analysis to 2014-2020" report to their offering.
The rising growth of Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting in commercial modernization, rapid growth of street lighting systems, expansion of smart lighting for smart cities, energy efficiency are the major factors driving the exponential development around the world. Smart lighting technology uses automated control system to control lights and also allows lighting functions to become more dynamic in color, intensity, control and adaptive and making the technology more innovative.
Lighting types like LED, FL, CFL, HID lamps are the major contributors in this industry. Products and services like GreenWave reality's, GreenChip-enabled light bulb, NXP's GreenChip, iSSL wireless solution for LED bulbs, GreenChip iCFL for Compact Fluorescents Lamps (CFL) and Philips Hue smart LED bulb, show how smart lighting solutions can be developed by using LED lamps. HID lamps have a huge growth potential in smart street lighting and industrial lighting. Siemens AG (Germany), Streetlight Vision (France) have launched streetlight and smart city solutions, where HID lamps will be used.
The use of internet-enabled lighting devices and integration of wireless technologies with such devices are main factors for the growth of this industry. The applications of Internet of Things (IOT) have increased drastically over last few years and are expected to rise further in the coming years. This extends the scope for this industry. Products like incandescent lamps have been replaced by LED light bulbs and Zigbee-enabled bulbs. Samsung (Korea) has taken the initiative to launch LED light bulb integrated with Bluetooth technology. Such products not only make the market attractive in terms of ease and usability but also give the users a customized and personalized comfort.
- Component (Relays, Occupancy Sensors, Actuators, Transmitters, Receivers)
- Lighting Type (LED, FL, CFL, HID)
- Connectivity Technology (Wired, Wireless)
- Application (Commercial, Industrial, Public, Government, Residential)
- LED Lighting Gaining Traction in Commercial Modernization
- Intelligent Lighting for Street Lighting Systems
- Eradication of Incandescent Lamps
- Application of Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks (Wsan) in Smart Lighting
- Development in Electronics and Sensor Technology in the Field of Smart Lighting
- Evolution of Novel Wireless Technology
- Increasing Demand for Energy Efficiency
- Favorable Government Policies Towards Implementation of Smart Lighting Solutions
- Incompatible Wireless Communication Solutions
- Expansion of Smart Lighting for Smart Cities
- Lack of Incentives By Government for Utilities to Incorporate Smart Lighting Solutions
- Focus on Sensors, Control and Networking
- Use of Internet-Enabled, Wireless Technology-Enabled Lighting Devices Extends the Scope for Smart Lighting Industry
- Acuity Brands, Inc.
- Digital Lumens, Inc.
- Encelium Technologies, Inc.
- Honeywell International
- Legrand S.A.
- Lutron Elecronics, Co.
- Osram Licht AG
- Royal Philips Electronics N.V.
- Zumtobel AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrqr85/smart_lighting