DEERFIELD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) will announce several updates related to its strategic transaction with Alliance Boots GmbH, a leading international pharmacy-led health and beauty group, at 6 a.m. Eastern time Wednesday, Aug. 6, followed by a conference call with Walgreens management beginning at 8 a.m. Eastern time.
Walgreens expects to provide details on the transaction’s timing and structure, the combined management teams, cost reduction initiatives and the company’s future capital structure.
Walgreens and Alliance Boots announced a long-term strategic partnership in June 2012, when Walgreens acquired a 45 percent equity ownership stake in Alliance Boots, with an option to proceed to a full combination by acquiring the remaining 55 percent of Alliance Boots between February 2015 and August 2015. The combination of the two companies would create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
The conference call will be simulcast through Walgreens investor relations website at: http://investor.walgreens.com. A replay of the conference call will be archived on the website for 12 months after the call. A podcast also will be available on the investor relations website.
The replay also will be available from 11:30 a.m. Eastern time, Aug. 6 through Aug. 13, by calling 855-859-2056 within the U.S. and Canada, or 404-537-3406 outside the U.S. and Canada, using replay code 82609242.
As the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2013 sales of $72 billion, Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) vision is to be the first choice in health and daily living for everyone in America, and beyond. Each day, in communities across America, more than 8 million customers interact with Walgreens using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with online and mobile services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. The company operates 8,192 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens digital business includes Walgreens.com, drugstore.com, Beauty.com, SkinStore.com and VisionDirect.com. Take Care Health Systems is a Walgreens subsidiary that manages more than 400 in-store convenient care clinics throughout the country.