SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix today announced that Citrix GoToAssist has been named the global market share leader among remote support solutions — for the sixth year in a row — by leading analyst firm IDC. The firm’s “Worldwide Clientless Remote Support Software 2013 Vendor Shares: Top 6 Market Share Leaders” report found that GoToAssist has more than 30% market share thanks to continued momentum with solutions that address users’ social, mobile and cloud-service needs in the mobile workspace era.
According to the IDC report, the overall remote-support market grew year-over-year by more than 35%, with GoToAssist market share staying ahead of competing vendors. The IDC report also cited key features, including GoToAssist's team-based approach to support, mobile iOS and Android capabilities, and Service Desk integrations as key drivers of the service’s continued market dominance.
Citrix leads the support industry with a sustained cadence of innovative solutions that address users' support needs from wherever they are located, and on any device. For example:
- Better support experience with video: Recognizing the unique needs of an increasingly mobile workforce, Citrix recently debuted “device-integrated” support experiences through SeeIt, a live video-streaming feature in the GoToAssist customer app. SeeIt enables people to easily show technicians what needs to be fixed by simply using the video functionality native to their Android device (coming soon to iOS). Combining the ease and accessibility of mobile connectivity, customers can jump into a live video session instantly and get their problems solved faster.
- Free mobile apps: Citrix offers a comprehensive set of completely free mobile support apps that deliver immediate value to IT teams and, unlike other remote-support providers, do not require an existing paid subscription. The free apps allow users to hold unlimited live support sessions from iPad, iPhone or Android devices so they can view and control PCs and Macs from anywhere using intuitive touch and gesture controls.
- Fully integrated IT toolset: Citrix was one of the first vendors to introduce an integrated IT toolset encompassing the full spectrum of remote support, incident logging and tracking capabilities. This allows support teams to maintain uptimes and deliver a superior service experience to both internal staff and external customers. The combined value of GoToAssist Remote Support with GoToAssist Service Desk offers an integrated toolset that delivers users easy access to key support functions from one interface and a complete view of all user incidents and problems.
The “Worldwide Clientless Remote Support Software 2013 Vendor Shares: Top 6 Market Share Leaders” report is available to subscribing customers on the IDC website.
Rob Brothers, Program Director, IDC Software and Hardware Support Services
“The secret to GoToAssist’s continued success is its ease of use. It’s a utility that makes remote assistance simple and helps deliver a quick resolution to many IT challenges. That said, the product’s portfolio has continued to bring new and innovative features to market that address the changing nature of support, from live video streaming with SeeIT to end-to-end mobile device support. GoToAssist is a staple of IT teams and continues to improve and stay ahead.”
- Blog: SeeIt and Believe It: Tech Pros Talk Up Streaming Live Camera for Remote Support
- IDC Technology Spotlight: Fix Issues More Efficiently: Citrix Streams Video During Support Sessions — "I See What You See" (paywalled)
- GoToAssist SeeIt Demo: Citrix GoToAssist SeeIt Feature Video
Follow Us Online
- www.citrix.com and www.gotoassist.com
- Twitter: @Citrix, @GoToAssist
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToAssist on Facebook
- GoToAssist blog: http://blog.gotoassist.com/
Citrix (NASDAQ: CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix ShareFile, Citrix XenMobile and Citrix Workspace Suite are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.