CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today highlighted its expanded portfolio of instruments, equipment, consumables and software for improving accuracy and efficiency in the clinical laboratory.
The company will showcase its industry-leading Thermo Scientific and Life Technologies products at booth #1221 during the 2014 AACC Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo, being held at McCormick Place in Chicago, July 29-31, 2014.
“In the current healthcare environment, our customers in clinical laboratories supporting hospitals, research institutions and government agencies are increasingly relying on better diagnostics to improve patient care and lower costs,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “We have the scale and depth of capabilities to help these customers drive accuracy and efficiency and ultimately improve the way healthcare is delivered.”
At AACC, Thermo Fisher will feature a range of products and services from its specialty diagnostics, analytical instrument and genetic analysis portfolios:
- Complete systems for aiding in the diagnosis of allergy and autoimmune diseases using ImmunoCAP and EliA blood tests;
- Thermo Scientific assays, including the DRI Drugs of Abuse Assays, immunosuppressant assays such as the CEDIA Cyclosporine Immunoassay and the QMS Everolimus Immunoassay for therapeutic drug monitoring;
- Next-generation sequencing platforms, including the Ion Torrent Personal Genome Machine and the Ion Chef automated sample preparation system for identifying genetic biomarkers of disease. (Both instruments are intended for research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.);
- A new category of Thermo Scientific products, including high-performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and software designed and manufactured as FDA Class 1 medical devices for use in laboratory-developed tests;
- Thermo Scientific calibration and quality controls, as well as the MAS LabLink Quality Assurance Program, a cloud-based application that offers an external perspective on daily QC and compares the data among peer laboratories;
- Services including OEM and custom services for development, manufacturing and packaging of diagnostic products for third parties, as well as collaborative biomarker research and production services for industry and academia through the Thermo Fisher BRIMS Center.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.