LIMA, Peru--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Graña y Montero S.A.A. (NYSE:GRAM) (BVL:GRAMONC1) (“the Company” or “Graña y Montero”) a leading Engineering and Construction company, announced its consolidated results for the second quarter (“2Q2014”) period ended June 30, 2014. These results have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and are stated in nominal Peruvian Nuevos Soles (S/.).
- The Group achieved Revenues of S/. 3,084.7 MM in the first semester of 2014, a 15.0% growth compared to the same period in 2013
- Gross Profit amounted to S/. 428.6 MM in the 2Q2014, decreasing 6.9% compared to 2Q2013
- EBITDA was S/.418.4 MM in the first semester of 2014, lower by 13.8% than the result obtained in 2Q2013
- Net Income registered an increase of 11.0%, reaching S/. 135.1 MM in 2Q2014
- Backlog amounted to US$ 3,865.0 MM as of 2Q2014, equivalent to 1.71x the annual revenues, and the recurrent businesses amounted to US$ 457.5 MM
For a full version of Graña y Montero’s First Semester 2014 Earnings Release please visit www.granaymontero.com.pe
About Graña y Montero S.A.A.
Founded in 1933, Graña y Montero is the only Peruvian engineering and construction company listed on the Lima Stock Exchange since 1997 and now also the NYSE. The Company has participated in the development of major engineering and construction projects in Peru, including large-scale, complex projects in the energy, mining, construction and real estate sectors.
With 80 years of operations, the Company has leveraged its engineering and construction expertise into complementary lines of business, such as the development, ownership, operation and maintenance of infrastructure assets, real estate developments, and the provision of technical services. The Company has significant investments in infrastructure concessions, such as three toll roads and Line 1 of the Lima Metro.
The Company has also executed several projects outside Perú, and has acquired three companies in Chile: DSD Construcciones y Montajes, an engineering and construction company specialized in providing services to the energy, oil and gas, cellulose and mining sector in Chile and Latin America; Vial y Vives, a construction company specialized in the mining sector, and CAM, which is specialized in electric services, with operations in Chile, Peru and Colombia.