NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Finding the right vacation travel destination can be a time-consuming process, involving hours of research on cities, points of interest, seasonality and weather forecasts before finally booking a flight. To help curious travelers select the perfect spot, travel search engine momondo.com today unveiled Trip Finder. The new tool applies a variety of user-selected criteria to offer suggestions on where to go from among nearly two hundred popular destinations around the world.
Trip Finder users can enter as many travel criteria as they like, including budget, seasonality, weather preferences and travel “mood,” including Romantic, Family, Cultural, Social, Local or Fancy. Trip Finder then combines airline ticket prices, weather and geographical information with momondo’s own hand-picked content for each location, presenting results as a mosaic of possible destinations that includes a short description, practical information and photos. Users can then conduct a search for airline tickets to that destination.
“We all have different preferences as to what we want to do and experience when we travel. Suppose you have $500 for your vacation airline tickets and want to go somewhere romantic you haven’t been to before, and it has to have great weather and a beach – how do you decide?” said Pia Vemmelund, managing director, momondo. “Trip Finder makes the destination discovery process playful, giving users the possibility of searching for elements that matter to them, whether it’s cities, shopping, beaches, nature or nightlife.”
Key Facts about Trip Finder:
- Trip Finder lets users find and explore new destinations based on as many or as few preferences as they like within budget, season, continent, weather, interests and travel mood.
- Current Trip Finder U.S. departure cities include Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
- Trip Finder integrates emotional search criteria like moods visualized with colors into the flight search, as a new way of navigating to destinations. The moods are: Romantic, Family, Cultural, Social, Local and Fancy.
- The prices displayed to each destination are average prices based on more than 30 billion aggregated flight fares collected during the last two weeks before the search.
- Trip Finder currently offers inspiration to 182 destinations, selected and based on momondo’s most popular destinations.
- For each destination, Trip Finder contains flight price information, inspirational descriptions and pictures as well as practical information about meal, taxi, shopping and transportation prices.
- Trip Finder was developed by momondo’s team of developers, designers and travel writers.
For more information and to try Trip Finder, please visit: www.momondo.com/trip-finder/.
Travel search engine www.momondo.com finds and compares billions of prices on flights, hotels and travel deals. momondo was launched in 2006 and has been recommended by international media, such as the New York Times, CNN, NBC, CBS, The Daily Telegraph, and The London Sunday Times, as well as the legendary travel guru Arthur Frommer. momondo has won many awards, including a flight comparison test in 2012 by Stiftung Warentest, Germany’s independent product and services review. momondo’s mobile applications are available for free for iPhone, Android and Blackberry.