DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hvs5hv/reinsurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The UK reinsurance segment grew at a review-period (2009-2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.7%. The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 55.0% of the total reinsurance written premium in 2013, followed by the facultative reinsurance category with the remaining 45.0%. Growth in the segment was mainly due to the changes in the regulator, government-sponsored infrastructure projects, and a rise in insurance frauds and claims, as more insurers are expected to take up reinsurance to cover claims. Growth was supported by the reinsurance ceded for large infrastructure projects and natural disaster protection. The segment's written premium value is subsequently projected to post a forecast-period (2013-2018) CAGR of 1.1%.
- It provides historical values for the UK's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the UK's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in the UK and its growth prospects.
- The UK's reinsurance segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 0.7%.
- The country's insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the third-largest in the world, accounting 6.3% of the global gross written premium in 2012.
- Growth in the reinsurance segment was mainly due to changes in the regulator, government-sponsored infrastructure projects, and a rise in insurance frauds and claims.
- The UK reinsurance segment is one of the most developed and fastest-recovering segments in Europe.
- Allianz Global Reinsurance
- Hannover Re Group
- Munich Reinsurance Co. (Munich Re)
- Partner Reinsurance Ltd
- SCOR Global Life Reinsurance UK Ltd
- Swiss Reinsurance Company UK Ltd (Swiss Re)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hvs5hv/reinsurance_in