DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cv5db7/china_blood) has announced the addition of the "China Blood Product Industry Report, 2014-2017" report to their offering.
Because of robust demand from China blood products market, the total lot release volume of imported human albumin reached 14.39 million bottles (about 10g/bottle) in 2013, a year-on-year increase of 24.1%, accounting for 53.4% (45.3% in 2012) of the total lot release volume of human albumin during the same period. Assuming absolute superiority, Behring, Baxter, Grifols and Octapharma still held the ground as the top four exporters of human albumin to China.
Despite a slight year-on-year decline in output and sales volume, major Chinese blood products companies, by and large, maintained steady revenue growth in 2013, thanks to rising prices of blood products (the highest retail prices of fibrinogen and blood coagulation factor VIII rose over 50% year on year). China Biologic Products, Hualan Bio, Tiantan Biological Products, Shanghai RAAS and Yuanda Shuyang Pharmaceutical, which hold combined 60% of the total plasma volume, generated total revenue of about RMB4.2 billion in 2013, up 13.5% year on year. Among them, Shanghai RAAS, due to production halt caused by flood, earned only RMB496 million, down 25.1% year on year.
Attracted by national policy support and high market prosperity, qualified Chinese blood products companies are actively engaged in construction of new plasma stations, some of which are expected to collect plasma by the end of 2014. In June 2014, Wuhan Zhongyuan Ruide Biological Product Co., Ltd. (100% controlled by Humanwell Healthcare (Group) Co., Ltd.)'s plasmapheresis center in Chibi was approved to collect plasma; In May 2014, Hualan Bio's plasma station in Hua County, Henan Province was approved to be set up; In April 2014, Hebei Da'an Pharmaceutical (90% stake controlled by Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.) carried out on-site GMP compliance certification for its plasma station in Wei County; At the end of 2013, Guangdong Shuanglin Bio-pharmacy's plasma stations in Xi County and Jiang County of Shanxi were completed.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Blood Product Industry
- Recombinant Blood Products
- Industry Chain
2. Overview of China Blood Product Industry
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Operating Environment
- Import & Export
3. Blood Product Market Segments in China
- Human Albumin
- Human Immunoglobulin (pH4) for Intravenous Injection
- Blood Coagulation Factor VIII
- Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin
- Human Immunoglobulin
- Human Prothrombin Complex
- Tetanus Immunoglobulin
- Human Rabies Immunoglobulin
4. Major Chinese Manufacturers
- China Biologic Products Inc.
- Hualan Biological Engineering Inc.
- Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Zhenxing Biopharmaceutical and Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Boya Bio-Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Yuanda Shuyang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Kangbao Biological Product Co., Ltd.
- Green Cross
- Humanwell Healthcare Group Co., Ltd.
- Walvax Biotechnology Co, Ltd.
5. Summary and Forecast
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cv5db7/china_blood