LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Herbalife (NYSE:HLF), a leading global nutrition company, today highlighted the positive role its nutrition clubs play in promoting a community-based approach to health and wellness across the United States. In the U.S. alone, there are over 4,000 Herbalife nutrition clubs.
Herbalife has created significant opportunities for members and has positively impacted the lives and health of millions of consumers throughout its 34-year history. Nutrition clubs are one of the ways Herbalife advances this mission of helping people lead healthier lives. At nutrition clubs, members and consumers have the support they need to help them achieve their individual goals of living a healthy, active life.
In a video released today, Herbalife members and customers from across the country share their experiences at nutrition clubs. A link to the video can be found at http://bit.ly/1nuDvky or www.iamherbalife.com. The video highlights the key components of the nutrition club experience, including:
- Advancing a community based approach. Locally owned and operated by independent members, Herbalife’s nutrition clubs provide a supportive network to bring people together who have similar health and fitness goals. Nutrition clubs contribute to building a sense of community and a friendly, social environment among its members.
- Providing access to world class products. Nutrition clubs are an opportunity for customers to purchase singular quantities of Herbalife products, often on a daily basis, as opposed to buying the products in large quantities. Herbalife’s nutrition products are developed by expert nutritionists and scientists using premium ingredients and industry-leading quality controls. When paired with good nutrition and exercise, Herbalife’s products are an important supplement to a healthy nutrition and fitness regimen.
- Playing a positive role in the Latino community. Herbalife nutrition clubs are valued parts of the Latino community, where there’s a long tradition of community wellness centers and where obesity is more prevalent than the nation as a whole. Herbalife is proud that its clubs positively impact countless Latinos by providing access to nutritious alternatives in a community that is flooded with fast-food options and further expand the Latino sense of community.
- An opportunity for financial empowerment. With hard work and dedication, thousands of independent small business owners have benefitted from the equal and accessible economic opportunities provided by Herbalife. In addition, all Herbalife members are required to undergo extensive corporate training before opening a nutrition club.
“At Herbalife, we’re committed to helping our members and consumers take action to change their lives and reach their full potential,” said John DeSimone, Herbalife’s Chief Financial Officer. “Herbalife is a company about great products and great company. We are proud of the tireless efforts of our millions of members around the world and know that their passion is what makes Herbalife the incredible company it is today. We fully support our members and their dedication to educating and improving their communities.”
All members are required to undergo extensive corporate training before opening a nutrition club. As part of Herbalife’s safeguards and proactive compliance policy, the Company:
- Has a team of employees who visit nutrition clubs to monitor compliance with Herbalife rules.
- Has rules in place to prevent members from opening a Nutritional Club in a non-residential location or signing a lease to open a Nutrition Club before they have been a member for more than 90 days.
- Requires members to submit a Registration Form for their club to Herbalife at least 30 days prior to opening a club in a non-residential location.
- Provides an extensive review of all rules and regulations that are covered in the Herbalife Rules book, the Nutrition Club Operator’s Manual, as well as the mandatory Club Operator Training and Quiz.
The Herbalife Rules book can be found at https://www.myherbalife.com/content/en-us/pdf/toolsandtraining/business/businessmethods/dmos/nutritionclub/usen_nc_rules_2012_121001.pdf. Additional information about Herbalife’s training programs and nutrition club education initiatives, including photos and other multimedia, can be found at www.iamherbalife.com.
Additional information about Herbalife can be found at http://www.herbalife.com/global.
The company has also created iamherbalife.com to highlight, in their own words, the positive impact Herbalife has had on the lives of the company’s members and customers by sharing their stories.
About Herbalife Ltd.
Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF) is a global nutrition company that sells weight-management, nutrition and personal care products intended to support a healthy lifestyle. Herbalife products are sold in more than 90 countries to and through a network of independent members. The company supports the Herbalife Family Foundation and its Casa Herbalife program to help bring good nutrition to children. Herbalife's website contains a significant amount of financial and other information about the company at http://ir.Herbalife.com. The company encourages investors to visit its website from time to time, as information is updated and new information is posted.