DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xt5t6d/indian_and_global) has announced the addition of the "Indian & Global Gas Pricing Models, Strategies & Forecasts" report to their offering.
India is among the fastest growing energy economies in the world. Though viewed as a potential market for future investments and growth, the recent developments on the domestic gas production and government policy front have pulled down India a few notches. The reversal in trend in domestic gas production from a level of 130 MMSCMD two years ago, to a level of 94 MMSCMD in 2012-13, has led to unprecedented gas shortage in the country with Power sector bearing the major brunt, besides CGD, LPG and other Industrial sectors.
The projection of domestic gas production does not paint a very rosy picture either - the gas production from KG D6 field which has declined from a level of almost 60 MMSCMD in 2010-11 to 11 MMSCMD in mid-2013, is not expected to go up much any time soon. Seizing this opportunity, key Gas / LNG players have lined up major investments / expansion seeing a huge potential for LNG in the coming decade.
At the same time, Indian Policy makers have also proposed a major revision in E&P policy as well as the gas pricing policy in the country. The formula proposed by Rangarajan Committee, basing the domestic gas price determination on global Gas Hub / LNG prices, is set to increase the gas price from $4.2 / mmbtu to $ 7.4 / mmbtu. The domestic price proposed, which is set to be revised every quarter based on global gas prices, would make the sector extremely volatile. These developments, along with gas shortage, have put the end use industries like Power, Fertilizer, CGD and other sectors in a fix, who have no other option but to consider enhancing use of LNG in their Fuel / Feedstock portfolio, resulting in significant increase in cost of production.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the global gas and LNG market trends are going to be, including existing and new projects/supplies and evaluation of relevant options for India?
- What is current and emerging gas/LNG Pricing scenario and how the price structure, taxation structure and delivered price at regional/state level going to be?
- What is Global gas/LNG pricing approaches, policy and regulatory approach to pricing in key countries and what is its relevance for India gas pricing?
- What are key issues of the current and proposed gas pricing models in India and what are the possible long term approaches to gas pricing?
- What strategic options are open to Companies for India Entry Strategy, Power Sector Bidding Strategy and evolving a robust Business Evaluation strategy?
- What is the scenario for end use demand and Economic evaluation & Fuel portfolio analysis for power, fertilizers and CGD industries?
- Broad analysis on economic viability of gas with other alternate fuels - CNG, Petrol, Diesel and LPG
- How will gas price pooling affect various stakeholders?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xt5t6d/indian_and_global