CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Carolina Panthers and Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (TWC SportsChannel) jointly announced today that they have reached a multi-year programming agreement, one of the largest ever developed by an NFL club with a regional channel, that makes TWC SportsChannel the exclusive local cable TV home of the Carolina Panthers. Beginning this month, the Panthers will produce over 250 hours of programming annually for TWC SportsChannel that will air throughout the Carolinas on Time Warner Cable.
In addition to televising Panthers pre-season NFL games, Time Warner Cable SportsChannel will air nightly programs dedicated to the Panthers, live post-game and gamenight shows, a behind-the-scenes series and more, with several shows created exclusively for its viewers.
Annual highlights of the Panthers/TWC SportsChannel programming partnership will include:
- Live telecasts and re-airs of the Panthers’ pre-season NFL games
- New nightly shows titled “Panthers Roundtable” (Tuesdays – journalist roundtable discussions), “Panthers Game Plan” (Wednesdays – weekly update show complete with press conference highlights), “This Is Gross” (Thursdays – studio show led by former Panther Jordan Gross) and “Inside Panthers Football” (Fridays – Mick Mixon, the voice of the Panthers, gives fans an inside look at the game ahead) that are exclusive to TWC SportsChannel
- The television debut of “Panther Talk,” a live, hour-long team news and talk show running every Monday night for 30 weeks each year, including episodes exclusively for TWC SportsChannel’s television audience that feature extensive analysis of all that’s happening in the Panthers organization on a daily basis
- “Panthers Camp Confidential,” a behind-the-scenes pre-season series that takes fans inside training camp and features exclusive footage, interviews and true inside access to the team
- Live TV simulcasts of the Panthers’ Post-Game Radio Show running after every Panthers home and away game throughout the season
- Expanded editions of “Panthers Game Day,” the club’s Sunday night highlight show, with a second half hour available exclusively on TWC SportsChannel
- Live, hosted coach and player press conferences every week of the season
- Plus exclusive specials about the team, such as a celebration of the Panthers’ 20th anniversary, and shows covering the Panthers’ year-round events, including extensive Panthers NFL Draft coverage and specials on rookie camp, mini-camp, free agency and the TopCat cheerleading tryouts
The Panthers’ TWC SportsChannel TV schedule begins July 23 at 6:00 p.m. with the debut episode of “Panthers Camp Confidential.” The series will air every Monday and Wednesday during Carolina Panthers Training Camp. The channel’s nightly Panthers programming kicks off on Monday, August 4 at 8:00 p.m. with “Panther Talk.”
In announcing this agreement, Carolina Panthers President & CEO Danny Morrison stated: “The Panthers have always enjoyed tremendous fan support throughout North & South Carolina & our new programming venture with Time Warner Cable SportsChannel will make us that much more accessible to our millions of fans throughout the region.”
Mark Shuken, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Time Warner Cable Sports, noted: “Carolina Panthers fans are incredibly passionate and we’re excited to give them more access to the team than they’ve ever had before through our Time Warner Cable SportsChannel programming. New series like ‘Panthers Camp Confidential’ and our nightly shows will give fans Panther programming every day of the week.”
Lee H. Berke, President & CEO of LHB Sports, Entertainment & Media, Inc., assisted the Panthers in developing this agreement.
The Time Warner Cable SportsChannels are 24/7 networks that carry distinct, comprehensive local programming on different channels across the nation. In the Carolinas, Time Warner Cable SportsChannel is led by Carolina Panthers and high school games and programming, and can be found in HD on channel 323 exclusively to Time Warner Cable customers. For more information, visit www.twcsportschannel.com.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.twc.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmedia.com.