STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Second quarter summary
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period April–June totalled SEK 9,804 m (9,557), an increase of 2.6%. Easter was in April, compared with March a year ago.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.6% during the period. Like-for-like sales increased by 1.5% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 376 m (326).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 370 m (318) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 289 m (248) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 5.45 (4.74).
- Eva Pettersson was appointed as new Divisional Director of Axfood Närlivs.
- Axfood’s goal for 2014 is to exceed the level of profit achieved in 2013.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys and Hemköp, comprising 253 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com