DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s9xnx4/maintenance_and) has announced the addition of the "Maintenance and Aftermarket Preferences in Australian Mining, 2014" report to their offering.
This report surveyed 110 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers currently working in 90 Australian mines. Respondents were asked specific questions about their preferences for maintenance and aftermarket services, including contracting and companies used.
- Australian mines use Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for aftermarket service and maintenance in some capacity over 70% of the time, with higher use for strategic parts (97%) and processing parts (87%) than non-strategic parts (78%).
- Overall, 67% of respondents prefer to work with an OEM for their aftersales support, and only 22% of respondents want to be left alone, without any aftersales support for their OEM.
- Respondents who have OEM support for maintenance and aftermarket, on average, rate their OEM higher for performance then their peers.
- Lifecycle management was the most preferred service contract (35%) amongst respondents, followed by maintenance (30%).
Reasons To Buy:
- Understand the preferences of Australian miners for maintenance and servicing, and the variations within these based on different types of purchases
- Understand the role that Australian miners prefer their OEM to play for their maintenance and aftermarket.
- Understand what the top OEM suppliers provide their customers with in terms of servicing and maintenance.
- Review current service contracts preference within the Australian mining sector
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 The Maintenance and Aftermarket Industry
2.1 Types of Company Used for Maintenance and Aftermarket
3 After-sales equipment support
3.1 Importance of After-Sales Support When Choosing an OEM
4 Preferences between service contracts
5 Action Points and Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s9xnx4/maintenance_and