STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Axis Communications (STO:AXIS)
The second quarter
· Net sales increased by 22 percent during the second quarter to SEK 1,355 M (1,114). Net sales increased by 20 percent in local currencies.
· Operating profit increased to SEK 188 M (127), which corresponds to an operating margin of 13.8 percent (11.4).
· Profit after tax amounted to SEK 139 M (96).
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.00 (1.38).
The first half-year
· Net sales increased by 19 percent during the period to SEK 2,484 M (2,096). Net sales increased by 18 percent in local currencies.
· Operating profit increased to SEK 260 M (216), which corresponds to an operating margin of 10.5 percent (10.3).
· Profit after tax amounted to SEK 191 M (162).
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.75 (2.33).
“Sales in the second quarter amounted to SEK 1,355 M. During the period, inventory levels increased at a number of distributors, particularly in the US. The EMEA region displayed a good performance with large variations between countries and continued turbulence in parts of Eastern Europe. Southern Asia recovered somewhat after a weak first quarter while Northern Asia showed stable growth.
The two independent market research institutions IHS and TSR continued to rank Axis as the global market leader in network video in their yearly reports on the video surveillance market.
We have continued to maintain a high rate of product releases and new recruitment. During the second quarter, we welcomed 76 new employees to the company and Axis now has 1,784 employees”.
Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on: http://www.axis.com/corporate/investor/financial_reports.htm
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Wednesday, July 9 at 10 a.m.
Phone number: + 46 8-519 990 30
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at: http://financialhearings.nu/140709/axis/
The information in this interim report is such that Axis is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act. Submitted for publication at 08.00 a.m. (CET) on 9th of July 2014.
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 65,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com
Axis Communications AB, Address: Emdalavägen 14, 223 69 LUND, Sweden, Phone +46 46 272 18 00, Fax +46 46 13 61 30 www.axis.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com