DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zz3mtj/international) has announced the addition of the "International Contract Law (Seminar, London)" conference to their offering.
15 October 2014 - The Rembrandt Hotel, London
This seminar will provide an overview of the laws governing cross-border sale transactions looking at their impact on the contracting parties, the mechanisms commonly used when an international transportation of goods is involved and the instruments available to the contracting parties looking to mitigate their respective transactional risks. We will also review the main international instruments governing cross-border dispute resolution. This seminar is not jurisdiction specific and is therefore ideal for those working both in the UK and overseas.
By the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the rights and responsibilities of the contracting parties in a cross-border sale transaction as well as understanding and assessing associated legal concerns
- Accommodate for transactional risks in international trade
- Negotiate the mechanisms used for transportation of goods, financing of such transactions and resolution of disputes
- The bodies of law governing international contracts
- The key instruments available to contracting parties as opt-in bodies of law
- Shipment terms and the passage of risk under English law and international law
- Elective trade terms available in the international context
- Instruments available for the financing of trade transactions
- The law governing cross-jurisdictional dispute resolution
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Trainee solicitors
- Commercial and contract managers
- Business development managers
- Project managers
- Business consultants
- Finance and business executives
- Legal personnel
- In-house and external counsel
This seminar merits 6 hours under the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority self-accreditation scheme (ref. CJA/MAFO).
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zz3mtj/international