WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) made a big move on Fortune magazine’s annual list of America’s largest corporations increasing its position 164 spots to rank 699. Last year, NJR ranked 863 on the list.
“It’s an honor to be included in the Fortune 1000,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “To move up 164 spots on this prestigious list is testament to our record of consistent growth and the dedication and talent of our entire team, who are the driving force behind our performance and everything we do.”
In the energy industry, NJR ranked eighth in total revenue for fiscal 2013 with $3.2 billion, an increase of more than 42 percent over the previous year. NJR’s total return to shareowners was 20 percent in 2013, and has averaged approximately 10 percent over the past 10 years.
Each year, Fortune magazine compiles the list of America’s 1,000 largest companies and ranks them by total revenue. The list is also broken down into industries and lists other financial metrics, such as earnings per share growth, profits and total return to investors. For more information on this year’s Fortune 1000, visit the magazine’s Web site at www.fortune.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 75 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 120,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.