DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wszsld/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market 2014-2018" report to their offering.
AMD is defined as the deterioration of the eye's macula. The macula is a small area in the retina that is responsible for central vision. The exact etiology of AMD is unknown. There are two types of macular degeneration: wet and dry. Wet AMD occurs when tiny abnormal blood vessels begin growing behind the retina toward the macula.
Dry AMD occurs when small, yellowish deposits called drusen begin accumulating beneath the macula. While a number of treatments are available for wet AMD, there is no treatment available at the moment for dry AMD.
The analysts forecast the Global AMD market will grow at a CAGR of 6.62 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Key Topics Covered:
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
04. Market Research Methodology
06. Market Landscape
07. Product Portfolio of Current AMD Therapies
08. Clinical Pipeline Portfolio
09. Rate of Incidence and Prevalence
10. Market Segmentation by Types
11. Geographical Segmentation
12. Buying Criteria
13. Market Growth Drivers
14. Drivers and their Impact
15. Market Challenges
16. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
17. Market Trends
18. Trends and their Impact
19. Vendor Landscape
20. Other Reports in this Series
- Acucela Inc.
- Advanced Cell Technology Inc.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Alimera Sciences Inc.
- Allergen Inc.
- Allergo Opthalmics LLC
- Avalanche Biotechnologies Inc.
- Bayer AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Icon Bioscience Inc.
- Intellect Neurosciences Inc.
- Lpath Inc.
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Novartis AG
- OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Opthotech Corp.
- Oxigene Inc.
- PanOptica Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- StemCells Inc.
- Synthetic Biologics Inc.
- Thrombogenics NV
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wszsld/global