NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K and Turtle Rock Studios announced today that Evolve, the highly anticipated 4v1 cooperative and competitive multiplayer shooter coming to next-gen consoles and PC on October 21, 2014, had a tremendous showing at E3, taking home the coveted E3 2014 Game Critics Award for “Best of Show” among more than 50 awards and editorial honors. Evolve captivated critics, with Game Informer proclaiming, “Not only is Evolve our game of the show, it's a serious contender for 2014’s game of the year.”
“We would like to thank the press around the world for their warm and enthusiastic response to Evolve at E3 2014,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director at Turtle Rock Studios. “We are encouraged and humbled to see that critics are realizing what we’ve known for a long time: that Evolve is a special experience unlike anything that we’ve ever played before.”
“Evolve continues to solidify its position as one of the most anticipated games of the year,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “The accolades for Evolve highlight the excitement and desire for new IP on next-gen systems, and we are poised to deliver what we believe will be the defining next-gen experience of 2014.”
In addition to the many independent editorial awards and accolades, 2K is proud to share that Evolve earned the industry’s most esteemed E3 honor, the Game Critics Awards’ “Game of Show,” a significant and first time win for developers Turtle Rock Studios. Evolve was also honored with the E3 2014 Game Critics Awards for “Best Console Game,” “Best Action Game,” and “Best Online Game.”
A complete list of E3 awards and editorial honors for Evolve follows.
- E3 2014 Game Critics Awards – Best of Show
- E3 2014 Game Critics Awards – Best Console Game
- E3 2014 Game Critics Awards – Best Action Game
- E3 2014 Game Critics Awards – Best Online Game
- USAToday.com – Top 10 Video Games from E3 2014 (#1)
- 9Lives.be (Belgium) – Best Co-op Shooter
- AkihabaraBlues (Spain) – Best of Show
- Antena 3 (Spain) – Best Multiplayer Game
- Arcade Sushi – E3 2014 Best Games Ever (This Year)
- Computer Hoy (Spain) – The 10 Best Games of E3
- Crave Online – Best Multiplayer Game
- Curse – Best Co-op Experience
- Digital Trends – Best of E3
- EW.com – 20 Most Exciting Games
- Game Chronicles – Best Multiplayer Game
- Game Informer – Best in Show
- Game Informer – Best Multiplatform Game
- Game Informer – Best Multiplayer Game
- Game Informer – Best Shooter
- Game Revolution – Best in Show
- Game Revolution – Best PC Game
- Game Spark (Japan) – Best Xbox Game
- Gameblog.fr (France) – Best Multiplayer Game
- Gamerepublic.it (Italy) – Best PC Game
- Gamerepublic.it (Italy) – Best Innovation
- GamersPack (Israel) – Choice of the Pack Shooters
- Games.cz (Czech Republic) – Best of E3
- GameSpot – Best of E3
- GamesRadar – Best of E3
- Gaming Illustrated – Staff Picks Best of E3
- Hardcore Gamer – Best Shooter
- Hardgame2 (Spain) – Best Multiplayer Game
- Hardgame2 (Spain) – Best PC Game
- IGN – Best Shooter
- IGN (Italy) – Best Audio
- IGN (Italy) – Best Multiplayer
- Jeuxvideo.com (France) – Best FPS
- Joystiq – Excellent Multiplayer
- LaPs3 (Spain) – Best Action Game
- Lazygamer.net (South Africa) – Best of Show
- Lazygamer.net (South Africa) – Best Multiplayer Game
- LevelUp.com – Best New Franchise
- Nerdist – Editor’s Choice
- New Game Network – Best of E3
- Noticias2d (Spain) – Best Multiplayer Game
- Noticias2d (Spain) – Best PC Game
- Paste – The 10 Best Games of E3
- PC Gamer – The 10 Best PC Games of E3
- Polygon – Editor’s Choice
- SECTOR.sk (Slovakia) – Best of E3
- SME.sk (Slovakia) – Best of E3
- Spaziogames.it (Italy) – Best FPS
- The Escapist – Best of E3
- Tom’s Guide – Best Multiplayer Game
- Topless Robot – The 25 Best Games of E3
- Tor.com – The Best of E3
- Venture Beat – Games of the Show, Staff Picks
From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of Left 4 Dead, comes Evolve, the next-generation of multiplayer shooters where four hunters face off against a single, player-controlled monster in adrenaline-pumping 4v1 matches. Play as the monster to use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies, or choose one of four hunter classes (Trapper, Support, Assault and Medic) and team up to take down the beast on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to man and monster alike. Level up to unlock new hunter or monster characters as well as upgrades, skins and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
Those who pre-order the award-winning Evolve from participating retailers will receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the Savage Goliath skin at launch and a new playable monster available after Evolve is released. To pre-order now, visit http://evolvegame.com/preorder.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, 2K Australia, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.(NASDAQ:TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
*According to 2008 - 2014 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through May 2014.
About Turtle Rock Studios
Founded in 2002, Turtle Rock Studios is an independent AAA game development studio based in Southern California. Turtle Rock Studios created the critically-acclaimed Left 4 Dead and has also developed additional content for Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 and titles in the Counter-Strike universe including Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source. Turtle Rock Studios is currently developing Evolve.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current and next-generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.