LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP announces that it is investigating potential claims on behalf of investors of The Bancorp, Inc. ("Bancorp" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:TBBK) concerning possible violations of federal securities laws. The investigation focuses on the Company’s business and operations.
Please contact us at (646) 539-8980, or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this matter. If you inquire by email please include your mailing address, telephone number and number of shares purchased.
Bancorp operates as the financial holding company for its wholly owned subsidiary The Bancorp Bank that provides commercial and retail banking products and services to small and mid-size businesses in the United States. The investigation is related to the Company’s June 10, 2014, disclosure that The Bancorp Bank agreed to the Issuance of a Consent Order with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, which became effective on June 5, 2014. The Order is related to its Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program, and requires The Bancorp Bank to take certain affirmative actions to comply with its Bank Secrecy Act obligations, including:
- appoint a qualified Bank Secrecy Act/Office of Foreign Assets Control officer;
- revise the written Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program;
- develop and implement additional policies and procedures for suspicious activity monitoring and reporting;
- review and enhance customer due diligence and risk assessment processes;
- review past account activity to determine whether suspicious activity was properly identified and reported;
- strengthen internal controls, including augmenting Board oversight regarding Bank Secrecy Act activities; and
- establish an independent testing program and develop policies and procedures to govern staffing and training for Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
According to the Company, The Bancorp Bank took this action without admitting or denying any charges of unsafe or unsound banking practices or violations of law or regulation relating to weaknesses in its Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program. Following this news, Bancorp’s share price fell as low as 28% below its previous close, in intraday trading on June 10, 2014.
If you purchased Bancorp securities, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Lesley Portnoy, Esquire, of Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP, 122 East 42nd Street, Suite 2920, New York, NY 10168, at (646) 539-8980, by e-mail to email@example.com, or visit our website at http://www.glancylaw.com. If you inquire by email, please include your mailing address, telephone number and number of shares purchased.
This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.