DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7b6sk6/the_state_of_the) has announced the addition of the "The State of the Optical Communications Industry: Maintaining Profitability in 2014" report to their offering.
This report presents a detailed analysis of economic challenges faced by companies throughout the communications supply chain. It examines the profitability and long-term strategies of content providers as well as equipment and component manufacturers. One report section focuses on emergent equipment and component suppliers in China and includes brief profiles of several new entrants.
This report offers an in-depth look at the structure of the optical component and module industry in several market segments, including SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, WDM, and FTTx. This analysis includes data on market shares of leading vendors sorted into the several categories (top 3, top 4-6, top 7-10, and other vendors), illustrating fragmentation of these market segments. Data on diversification of the top 10 leading suppliers of optical transceivers presented in the report suggest that most component suppliers remain highly specialized. Leading module vendors shared confidential sales data with authors of the report to support this study.
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1: Major Trends in Telecom and Datacom Markets
- Service Providers Continue to Pursue Consolidation Strategies for Growth
- Service Providers Moving into Cloud Computing
- Over the Top: Competitive or Complementary?
- Datacenters Scaling Up
- Flat Datacenter Architectures
- Internet Companies Build Datacenters Differently Than Telcos
- Service Providers Adopting Transparent Caching to Meet Service Demands
Section 2: Supply Chain Structure, Vendor Profitability and Consolidation
- Profitability Imbalance Across the Supply Chain
- Content Providers Benefit from Free Access to Networking Infrastructure
- Equipment Suppliers Continue to Restructure As Datacom Equipment Vendors Thrive
- Optical Component and Module Vendors Reached Profitability in , Can They Keep This Up?
- IC Chip Suppliers Remain Healthy .
Section 3: The Changing Landscape of the Optical Transceiver Market
- Market Share Structure and Diversification of Vendors
- Vertical Integration: A Key Strategy to Profitability
- SONET/SDH Market Segment
- Ethernet Market Segment
- Fibre Channel Market Segment
- WDM Market Segment
- FTTx Market Segment
Section 4: The Rise of Chinese Equipment and Component Suppliers
- Huawei Maintains the Dominant Position in the Global Telecom Equipment Market, but it is off to a slow start in
- ZTE Returned to Profitability in and Reported Solid Results in Q1 2014
- FiberHome reported strong growth in international business
- Alcatel Lucent Shanghai Bell Was the First Foreign-Invested Company in China's Telecom Market
- Other Chinese Equipment Vendors
- The Emergence of Optical Component and Module Suppliers
- Challenges and Opportunities Ahead
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7b6sk6/the_state_of_the