DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w5lwvc/voice_of_customer) has announced the addition of the "Voice of Customer for Orthopedic Equipment and Devices in India" report to their offering.
For a country with a soaring prevalence of arthritis, only about 90,000 total knee replacements (TKRs) were performed in 2013. While the cost of implants was stable for about two years, a sudden rise was observed in the period between 2013 and first quarter of 2014. This has led to several patients procrastinate such elective procedures. To address the growing need of a large population base, many small nursing homes and orthopedic clinics are looking to perform such complex surgeries. However, the lack of laminar flow and other infection control protocols make these procedures risky. In addition, there are certain promoter-driven dedicated orthopedic clinics that wish to perform varied and complex procedures and represent a vast untapped addressable market for C-arms, traction machines and implants.
Key Questions answered by the report:
- What are the current infrastructure, staff, financials and unmet needs of nursing homes, orthopedic and multispecialty clinics?
- What are the key orthopedic procedures (fracture care / arthroscopy / hip and knee replacement / osteotomy etc.) performed in nursing homes / clinics?
- How many Total knee replacements (TKRs) on an average do small nursing homes and clinics perform each year?
- What are the key motivators / value drivers for nursing homes and small multispecialty clinics to upgrade their operating rooms with adequate orthopedic and surgical equipment and devices? What are the new innovations in terms of navigation systems, O-arms and C-arms that corporate chain and large super-specialties are looking to upgrade to?
- What could be the future demand for customized jig systems and techniques for knee replacements in large hospital segments?
- What value adds are corporate hospitals looking for their implant / capital equipment purchase?
- Who are the key decision makers and influencers in the various hospital segments for orthopedic equipment and devices?
- What are the various acceptable price ranges for orthopedic equipment and devices in >100 bed hospital segments?
- Which are the key hospital segments where future expansion of orthopedic infrastructure is expected? What are the various orthopedic customer segments (hospitals / clinics) where C-arms are yet to penetrate?
- What is the extent of involvement of orthopedic surgeons in purchase of shared-service C-arms for large hospitals?
- What is utilization and throughput trend of C-arms for orthopedic procedures across various hospital segments?
- What are the key technical considerations (image resolution / maneuverability / image storage among others) for purchase of a C-arm?
- What are the factors impacting the purchase of service contracts across various hospital segments? How would the influx of Indian implant manufacturers impact the legacy implant systems and multi-national brands in the coming years?
- Which are the key implant segments (trauma / joint / spine / sports etc.) that may be impacted by the presence of local implant manufacturers?
- What are the key needs-based customer (hospital) segments that purchase various orthopedic devices, implants and equipment?
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Orthopedic Disorders In India: Epidemiology
Chapter 2: Orthopedic Equipment And Devices Market In India
Chapter 3: Understanding Orthopedic Hospital And Clinics In India
Chapter 4: Understanding Corporate Chain Hospitals For Orthopedic Equipment And Devices
Chapter 5: Understanding Large Single-Site Hospitals For Orthopedic Equipment And Devices
Chapter 6: Understanding Orthopedic Specialty Hospitals For Orthopedic Equipment And Devices
Chapter 7: Understanding Multispecialty Clinics And Nursing Homes For Orthopedic Equipment And Devices
Chapter 8: Understanding Orthopedic Clinics For Orthopedic Equipment And Devices
Chapter 9: Comparison Of Key Customer Segments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w5lwvc/voice_of_customer