OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this episode of A.M.BestTV, experts in patient safety say insurers and the medical profession should bring better standards and new practices to lessen the risk of medical error. Tejal Gandhi, president of the National Patient Safety Foundation, explains that investments in resources have been made to improve patient safety including quality and safety training for nurses and physicians at a very early stage of their careers. Also the experts said physicians’ interpersonal skills are critical for the prevention of malpractice litigation.
Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=patient614 to view the episode.
People who appear in this episode include:
- Grant Simic, President, Director of Operations, AstuteDoctor Education;
- Donna Vible, Senior Vice President, Northeast Region Healthcare Practice, Willis;
- Paul McLaughlin, Product Line Manager, Healthcare, Lexington Insurance Company; and
- Tejal Gandhi, President, National Patient Safety Foundation.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Legislators Question FSOC on Insurers; World Cup Shines Spotlight on Insurance: U.S. legislators question Treasury Secretary over systemic risk designations. Insurers say World Cup and other events help highlight Brazil's expanding insurance and reinsurance markets: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=news62714
- Bermuda Hosts a Unique African Catastrophe Insurer: A new multi-country pool based in Bermuda will insure drought, weather catastrophes and other large-scale risks that have been chronic problems in Africa. Organizers call it a "hybrid mutual" and say it was built to be moved: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=africa614
- New A.M. Best Report Highlights Insurance Horizon in ASEAN Market: A.M. Best Asia-Pacific Ltd. Managing Director Susanna Lam reviews the highlights of a new report on the insurance environment for countries in the Association of Southeast Nations. Meg Green conducted the interview: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lam614a
A.M. BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M. BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.