DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2zfz3k/iphone_5s) has announced the addition of the "iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor - Apple/AuthenTec TMDR92 & Sapphire - Technology Report" report to their offering.
Following the acquisition of AuthenTec in July 2012, Apple introduced the fingerprint reading feature with the iPhone 5S. It is currently the only device of Apple incorporating such a feature, called Touch ID, but other devices should follow later in 2014.
The fingerprint sensor of the iPhone 5S is included in the home button. It features a square shape, distinguishing it from the traditional rectangular swipe sensors. This square shape allows it to scan the fingerprint just by pushing the button. The sensor features a resolution of 7,744 pixels with a pixel density of 500ppi. It uses a capacitive touch technology to take an image of the fingerprint from the subepidermal layers of the skin.
The sensor is 170µm thick and is directly attached to a protective window, therefore cavities are etched on the edges for the wire bonding connections.
The protective window is made from sapphire crystal and is extracted by laser cutting of Double Side Polished (DSP) sapphire wafers. The sapphire window is then coated with two different materials.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction, Apple/AuthenTec Company Profile
2. Physical Analysis
- iPhone 5S Home Button Disassembly
- - Home Button Removal
- - Home Button Assembly Views
- Home Button Assembly
- - Gasket & Tactile Switch Removed
- - Flex PCB & Sensor Removed
- - Fingerprint Sensor
- - Home Button Cross-Section
- Fingerprint Sensor
- - Sensor Die View, Dimensions & Marking
- - Sensor Die Capacitors
- - Sensor Die Edge Contacts
- - Sensor Die Delayering
- - Sensor Die Main Blocks
- - Sensor Die Process & Memories
- - Sensor Cross-Sections
- - Sensor Process Characteristics
3. Manufacturing Process Flow
- Sensor Front-End Process
- Sensor Front-End Wafer Fabrication Unit
- Sensor Wafer-Level Packaging Process Flow
- Wafer-Level Packaging Fabrication Unit
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2zfz3k/iphone_5s