DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tctzh7/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Germanium Industry Report,2013-2016" report to their offering.
Germanium is a typical rare and dispersed element, associating with lignite, lead-zinc deposit and copper ore. Global proven recoverable deposits of germanium amount to 8,600 metal metric tons (MMT), which are mainly distributed in United States, China and Canada, with the first two accounting for 45.1% and 40.9% of the world's recoverable germanium reserves, respectively.
In spite of abundant germanium reserves, America's germanium output makes up only 2.6% of the world's total, due to limited exploitation. By contrast, China, because of its massive exploitation, has become one of large germanium producing countries, with output hitting 87 tonnes in 2013, up 8.8% from a year earlier, accounting for 57.6% of global total output.
In order to protect germanium resources, China has taken multiple measures in recent years, including purchase and storage of germanium by the country and increase in tariffs, which resulted in significant decline in export of germanium and products thereof, falling by 21.8% year on year to about 25.8 tonnes in 2013, according to data from China Customs.
Currently, most of China's germanium and its products are exported to United States, Germany and Japan, of which America is the largest export market for China's germanium, making up 62.7% of China's total exports in 2013.
In recent years, germanium price has been on the rise, thus promoting steady development of germanium industry. Combined with bright prospects for downstream application, germanium producers have increased their investments. For example, Yunnan Lincang Xinyuan Germanium Industry Co., Ltd. works on extending industry chain, and Yunnan Chihong Zinc and Germanium Co., Ltd. and China Germanium Co., Ltd. primarily expand production capacity.
KEY TOPICS COVERED BY THIS REPORT
- Global germanium reserves, production and sales;
- China's germanium reserves, production, sales and import & export;
- Demand from main application areas of germanium in China and all the world;
- Production and development of 3 key foreign germanium producers;
- Operation and development of 5 key Chinese germanium producers.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of Germanium Industry
2. Development of Global Germanium Industry
3. Development of China's Germanium Industry
4. Application of Germanium
5 Foreign Companies
6. Chinese Enterprises
7. Summary and Forecast
- CNGC Night-Vision Science & Technology Group Co.,Ltd.
- China Germanium Co.,Ltd.
- Shaoguan Smelting Plant
- Teck Cominco
- Xilingol MengDong Ge Refine Co., Ltd.
- Xilingol Tongli Ge Refine Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Chihong Zinc&Germanium Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Lincang Xinyuan Germanium Industry Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Luoping Zinc & Electricity Co.,Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tctzh7/global_and