BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--5nine Software, a leading provider of security, compliance and management solutions for Microsoft Windows Server and Hyper-V, today announced the release of 5nine Manager for Hyper-V version 5.0. Developed specifically for small and medium businesses (SMBs), 5nine Manager offers a comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solution for managing Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server Core, - locally or remotely.
5nine Manager has many of the same features found in Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), but mainly additional value-add powerful capabilities:
- Easy-to-use management interface for Windows Server Core and Hyper-V Server
- Ability to manage different versions of Hyper-V (2012 R2, 2012, and 2008 R2 SP1) from a single console, locally or remotely
- Agentless, lightning-fast antivirus
New features in 5nine Manager 5.0 include:
- Automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning
- Enhanced cluster management
- VMs Guest connection views through FreeRDP or Microsoft controls
- Replication to enable failover of production workloads to a secondary site for disaster recovery
- Group operations for multiple VMs
- And much more...
“5nine Manager 5.0 delivers a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution for everyday Hyper-V management,” said Konstantin Malkov, CTO of 5nine Software, - “Our goal is to give SMBs a single enterprise grade tool to manage Hyper-V Server and Windows Server Core easily, efficiently and affordably.”
“We call 5nine Manager for Hyper-V and Windows Server Core the VMM for SMBs,” said David Grudek, Network Manager at Network Creations, - “System Center VMM is perfect for enterprises, but our company only needs certain features, such as a GUI for Windows Server Core and fast, agentless anti-virus. That’s why 5nine Manager is perfect for us.”
5nine Manager 5.0 for Hyper-V is available immediately. It is priced per host, and pricing begins at $199. For more information or to download a free 30-day trial version, please visit: http://www.5nine.com/59Manager
About 5nine Software
5nine Software is a leading provider of management and security solutions for Windows Server and Microsoft Hyper-V environments. 5nine Software products focus on the needs of SMBs, large enterprises and hosting providers, with over 25,000 customers worldwide. These tools deliver comprehensive and easy-to-use solutions that allow virtual datacenter personnel to manage, monitor and secure Hyper-V environments.