CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After making headlines worldwide with its groundbreaking debut at Mobile World Congress in February, the wait is over for the Oral-B interactive SmartSeries electric toothbrush with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
The Oral-B SmartSeries with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, the next level of innovation from Oral-B, the worldwide leader in oral care and #1 power brush brand used by dentists worldwide, is on sale in the UK after initial, limited quantities sold out quickly with rave reviews.
Wider Western Europe and North American sales will begin in Fall 2014, with remaining regions throughout the world scheduled for 2015.
The Oral-B App is available free on iOS today in the UK and US, and Android in August. It will be available in Western Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand through July, August and September of 2014 and in remaining regions in 2015.
On top of removing up to 100 percent more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush, the Oral-B SmartSeries works with the Oral-B App to set a new standard in personal oral care for the connected consumer interested in monitoring, guiding and creating smarter, more personalized brushing routines to develop better habits to drive improved outcomes of dental appointments.
Pre-tests of the Oral-B App have shown that when connected, brushing time increases from less than 60 seconds with a manual toothbrush to two minutes and 16 seconds with an electric toothbrush, surpassing the dental professional-recommended two-minute per session.
“Oral-B has a long history of innovation in oral care and this is one of the most widely anticipated products in our more than 60 year history. The worldwide reception from consumers, dental professionals and retail customers has been incredible,” said Wayne Randall, Vice President, Global Oral Care at Procter and Gamble. “The possibilities for improved oral health offered by data-based solutions and increased collaboration between patients and dental professionals are significant and exciting trends, and we’re proud to be the pioneer in the space.”
In the first customer reviews of the Oral-B SmartSeries with Bluetooth connectivity, following a limited preview sale on boots.com in the UK, the brush achieved an overall 4.8-star rating:
- Rosie382 on boots.com on 6 May, 2014 “Great product – unlike any other”: “Overall, this is a really fantastic brush. It is an investment but one that is well worth it and if you care about your teeth and gums then it really is invaluable.”
- 6BethP on boots.com on 2 May, 2014 “Game changer”: “Very happy I invested in this toothbrush and can throw my manual one away!”
- xprettiiblux on boots.com on 7 May, 2014 “Squeaky clean!”: “…Then there’s the Bluetooth app. It is a brilliant feature, it really allows you to tailor your dental care, as well as allowing you to speak with your dentist to identify problem areas.”
Features & Benefits of the New Oral-B SmartSeries with Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity:
- Bluetooth 4.0: Low-energy connectivity links electric toothbrush to smartphone app
- Oscillating-rotating-pulsating technology: Removes up to 100 percent more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Six different cleaning modes: Daily Cleaning, Deep Clean, Whitening, Gum Care, Sensitive, Tongue Cleaning
- Compatible with six different brush heads: CrossAction, Precision Clean, 3D White, Sensitive, Floss Action, TriZone
- Pressure sensor: Signals and decelerates the speed when the user is brushing too hard
- Travel accessories: Protects the brush and charger during travel
Features & Benefits of the Oral-B App:
- Two-Way Communication: The app reports data from the brush and can be used to program the brush for personalized routines.
- Expert Guidance with Focused Care: Working hand-in-hand with a dental professional, patients’ brushing routines can be reviewed and programmed in the app to help improve behaviors and focus on problem zones within the mouth.
- Personalized Brush Programs: Use a smartphone as a “remote control” to customize the brush settings, including session length and selecting preferred modes.
- Stores Data: Because it’s not always convenient to have a smartphone in the bathroom, the brush can store up to 20 brushing sessions, synching the data and updating records the next time the app is connected to the toothbrush.
- Fosters Better Brushing Habits: The app and interactive electric toothbrush help drive patient compliance, which determines a large part of the success of dental appointments.
- Helps Achieve The Recommended Two Minute Session: With news, weather, calendars, videos, achievement badges and of course, oral care tips, two minutes twice a day will fly by.
For more information on the new SmartSeries and other Oral-B electric toothbrushes with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, visit oralb.co.uk.
* Prices will vary and all pricing, merchandising, shelving, and distribution decisions are at the sole discretion of the retailer.
Oral-B is the worldwide leader in the over $5 billion brushing market. Part of the Procter & Gamble Company, the brand includes manual and electric toothbrushes for children and adults, oral irrigators and interdental products, such as dental floss. Oral-B manual toothbrushes are used by more dentists than any other brand in the U.S. and many international markets.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Duracell®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella® and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.