PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--From hanging out on the field and throwing out the first pitch at a Phillies™ game to barbecuing with Neon Trees and The Fray, PECO’s Coolest Summer Ever is back for its second year, offering cool weekly prizes and once-in-a-lifetime experiences provided by many of PECO’s community partners.
Beginning today and running until August 31, PECO customers can register to win each week at peco.com/coolestsummerever.
“PECO’s Coolest Summer Ever is a fun way to help showcase the many great community experiences we have throughout the Philadelphia region,” said Romona Riscoe Benson, manager, PECO Corporate Relations. “We are thrilled to once again work with our community partners to develop cool prizes and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our customers.”
For more than 100 years, PECO has built partnerships with a variety of educational, environmental, arts and culture, and community development organizations throughout the Philadelphia region. PECO’s Coolest Summer Ever provides customers with opportunities to win fun experiences with these organizations.
This year’s prizes include:
- Ring in the Fourth (June 23-29): Private concert and meet-and-greet with Ed Sheeran, and two VIP tickets to the WAWA Welcome America! concert on July 4
- Backstage BBQ (June 30-July 6): Barbecue with Neon Trees and The Fray, and backstage passes for their concert at Penn’s Landing on July 12
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame (July 7-13): Throw the first pitch at the Phillies vs. Giants game on July 21, then watch the game and have dinner in the Diamond Club
- Very Hungry Hippos (July 14-20): Feed an exotic animal at the Philadelphia Zoo and take a behind-the-scenes tour, including a ride on the ZooBalloon
- Get Your History On (July 21-27): Visit Historic Philadelphia with a carriage ride, ghost tour, mini-golf at Franklin Square, and tickets to the Philadelphia History Museum and African American Museum, including dinner in Old City
- Ultimate Boy Band Experience (July 28-August 3): Win two tickets to see One Direction at Lincoln Financial Field with an autographed item from the group on August 14, and two tickets to see Austin Mahone with a chance to meet the artist at the Mann Center on August 21
- A Night in the Museum (August 4-10): One adult and five children can sleep over at the Franklin Institute, including breakfast, live science show, observatory visit, a ride on a flight simulator and more
- Twilight Serenade (August 11-17): Box seats to see Josh Groban at the Mann Center with a chance to meet the artist on August 27 with dinner at Crescendo
- Broadway Bound (August 18-24): Two tickets to see “The Book of Mormon” at the Forrest Theatre, and two tickets and transportation to see “Kelly and Michael” in New York City
- Tourist in Your Own Town (August 25-31): Includes four tickets to the 6ABC Thanksgiving Day Parade and chance to meet ABC on-air talent with studio tour; tickets to Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Barnes Foundation and other area museums; tickets to a show at People’s Light & Theatre; a trip to Longwood Gardens to see the fireworks and more
PECO’s “Coolest Summer Ever” sweepstakes ends on August 31. Sweepstakes rules and additional information can be found at peco.com/coolestsummerever. Customers also can enter to participate in the sweepstakes at the company’s Main Office Building at 2301 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Based in Philadelphia, PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC). PECO serves 1.6 million electric and more than 500,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania and employs about 2,400 people in the region. PECO delivered 85.7 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 37.8 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2013. Founded in 1881, PECO is one of the Greater Philadelphia Region's most active corporate citizens, providing leadership, volunteer and financial support to numerous arts and culture, education, environmental, economic development and community programs and organizations. For more information visit peco.com, and connect with the company on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are a member of the media and would like to receive PECO news releases via e-mail please send your e-mail address to PECO.Communication@exeloncorp.com.