PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Guidance Software (NASDAQ:GUID), the World Leader in Digital Investigations™, announced a two-part webinar series featuring Suzanne Widup, founder of the Digital Forensics Association and author of the new book, “Computer Forensics and Digital Investigation with EnCase® Forensic v7.”
Part 1: Forensic Readiness: Preparing to Conduct an Internal
June 18 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
The first webinar addresses the important steps that should be taken as part of setting up a digital forensic practice in-house. The webinar is useful for organizations that are just getting started, and those that already have this function in-house as a check to see if there are any areas for improvement in their own practices. The webinar will cover:
- What are the issues that should be considered when preparing to launch a digital forensics function in-house?
- Do you have the policies, procedures, equipment and staff in place to perform repeatable, defensible investigations?
- How can you prepare for disputes or litigation by identifying and collecting information in advance?
- What are the costs and benefits of a forensic readiness investment?
Click here to register.
Part 2: Using GREP Searches to Speed Investigations
July 23 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
The second webinar will provide training on the use of GREP—the powerful searching tool in EnCase that helps investigators narrow down their results to just the most relevant pieces of data. This webinar will help users feel comfortable creating their own GREP expressions, and also provides access to the sample chapter, entitled “Keywords and Searching,” from Widup’s book, which covers these topics in depth. The webinar will help EnCase users maximize the powerful tools and features of the industry-leading digital investigation software. webinar topics include:
- Understanding the basics of GREP searches
- Create effective GREP searches that users can save and use in future cases and share with others
- Narrow the number of hits found in PDFs and Microsoft Office documents by leveraging the thorough indexing provided by the revved-up new processor in EnCase Forensic v7
- Create GREP expressions that can help you quickly locate personally identifiable information, account numbers, phone numbers and more
Click here to register.
Suzanne Widup has a wealth of experience in security engineering and analysis with a specialty in digital forensics in large enterprise environments. She is the founder of the Digital Forensics Association.
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in endpoint investigation solutions for security incident response and forensic analysis. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform, deployed on an estimated 20 million endpoints, is used by more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100 and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, and numerous government agencies, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading cyber security and electronic discovery solutions, EnCase® Cybersecurity, EnCase® Analytics and EnCase® eDiscovery. They empower organizations to conduct speedy and thorough security incident response, reveal previously hidden advanced persistent threats or malicious insider activity, perform sensitive data discovery for compliance purposes, and respond to litigation discovery requests. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.encase.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, Guidance Software™ and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.