STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Top issues will be discussed by leading experts in cybersecurity during the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, taking place June 23-26 in National Harbor, MD. In separate keynotes, Michael Daniel, a Special Assistant to the President and the Cybersecurity Coordinator, and Gen. Keith B. Alexander, USA (Ret.) Commander, U.S. Cyber Command from 2010-2014, and Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service from 2005-2014, will provide their perspective on the outlook for cybersecurity, as well as other top issues including the vulnerability of critical infrastructure.
They will be followed by Peter H. Diamandis, MD, Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation. In this keynote, Mr. Diamandis will address the impact that exponentially growing technology has on companies, governments, and humanity.
In its 20th year, the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit offers six complete programs and nearly 150 sessions delivered by more than 50 Gartner analysts, all focusing on the theme Smart Risk: Balancing Security and Opportunity. Each session will delve in to the latest strategies and best practices for maintaining an effective balance between risk and opportunity to mitigate security threats.
The event features:
- Analyst-moderated user roundtables, user case studies and workshops and solution provider sessions
- New research, trend updates, best practices, Magic Quadrants, long-range scenarios
- Continuing professional education where you can earn CPE credits toward ISC2, ISACA, and DRII Certification programs
- New Gartner for Technical Professional (GTP) track that takes a deep dive into the latest technical issues related to IT security and risk management
- Industry forums with content focused on healthcare, financial services, government, manufacturing, energy/utilities and education
- New! CISO Circle, an invitation-only program featuring advanced insight and C-level networking
- An all expenses paid Invitational Program available to a limited number of qualified CISOs.
The Solution Showcase, a show floor teeming with over 150 leading and emerging providers of security & risk solutions, will highlight the next steps in security & risk through live demonstrations, face-to-face meetings, and fast-paced presentations on key security technology directions. A list of current sponsors is available on the Exhibitors page at http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/security/exhibitor-directory.jsp
For complete event details, please visit the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit website at www.gartner.com/us/securityrisk. Follow news and photos coming from the event on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Gartner_inc using #GartnerSEC and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Gartner.
Members of the media can register for the event by contacting Christy Pettey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is a valuable partner in more than 14,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 6,100 associates, including more than 1,460 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.