HERNDON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exostar, whose cloud-based solutions enable secure, cost-effective business-to-business collaboration, today announced new utilization and performance milestones for its Life Sciences Identity Hub. Over 10,000 individuals in nearly 50 countries on six continents rely on the Life Sciences Identity Hub, which brings together over 500 industry organizations, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, contract research organizations (CROs), academic institutions, laboratories, and others. The new metrics demonstrate that organizations aren’t merely connecting to the Life Sciences Identity Hub; they are using it to securely, cost-effectively, and productively work with their external partners throughout the drug research and development (R&D) process.
The Exostar Life Sciences Identity Hub:
- Supports over 600 active communities, each comprised of organizations and individuals collaborating with one another on a specific project or initiative.
- Lets users exchange documents containing sensitive information or intellectual property with confidence; to date, over 500,000 documents have been shared across organizational boundaries.
- Authenticates Exostar or company-issued identities through Exostar’s Secure Access Manager (SAM) in seconds, enabling rapid access to cloud-based or on-premise public or proprietary portals or applications.
- Reduces the user provisioning and community set-up time from weeks or months to days or hours, ensuring rapid collaboration for market-competitive projects.
- Maintains the highest standards of availability, including 100 percent over the past six months.
Among the dozens of CROs connected to the Life Sciences Identity Hub, a handful of the world’s largest CROs have gone a step further, leveraging SAM’s Enterprise Access Gateway (EAG) option for single sign-on. With EAG, individuals can use their native credentials to seamlessly access the partner applications for which they have been approved, further enhancing productivity and speeding the R&D process.
“With strong double-digit growth rates, the level of activity on our Life Sciences Identity Hub since its rollout has exceeded all of our expectations,” said Vijay Takanti, Exostar’s Vice President of Security and Collaboration Solutions. “Pharmaceutical companies, CROs, and even universities are discovering collaboration through our solution is faster, easier, and more secure than their legacy solution, all while lowering cost and IT requirements.”
Exostar powers secure business-to-business information sharing, collaboration and business process integration throughout the value chain. Exostar supports the complex trading needs of many of the world's largest companies in aerospace and defense, life sciences, and other industries. Exostar’s cloud-based identity assurance products and business applications reduce risk, improve agility and strengthen trading partner relationships and profitability for over 100,000 companies in 150 countries worldwide. The Exostar community includes market leaders such as AstraZeneca, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, The Boeing Company, Computer Sciences Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corp., Merck, Newport News Shipbuilding, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Co. and Rolls-Royce. For more information, please visit www.exostar.com.