LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On Wednesday the 2nd July, MTBepics is treating mountain biking enthusiasts to a trial ride of its Downs to Plains event route. The ride, led by three-time Olympian Oli Beckingsale, will provide an unforgettable experience along some of the greatest tracks in breath-taking scenery in the South of England.
Downs to Plains is the first of two MTBepics events this summer. The events are sportives that cover 150 miles over three days. Downs to Plains from Dorking to Salisbury runs from 15th-17th August, while Fort to Fort runs from 26th-28th September. Both are currently accepting signups with three pricing packages available. All include event entry including full ride support, refreshments, snacks, lunch on each day, a finisher’s t-shirt and bag transport*.
- DIY: Event entry included. Riders will need to fine their own accommodation.
- Basic: Event entry with all meals and campsite access.
- Full: Event entry with all meals, campsite access, tent and camp-bed included and set up. An MTBepics cycling jersey will also be included.
Provisional taster ride arrangements for Wednesday 2nd July are as follows:
- 10am: Meet at Haslemere station.
- The ride will begin up to Blackdown and then down to Cowdray estate.
- Following a break at Cowdray, the route will move across to Petersfield.
- Riders can then take the train home from Petersfield or ride back up to Haslemere to pick up their cars.
“I have run the New York marathon and Comrades ultra-marathon twice, and quickly realised that there wasn’t anything on that endurance scale for mountain bikers,” said Adrian Thornycroft, MTBepics founder.
“The UK has been crying out for events like this for a long time, so it is great to be involved with them. It is all about the challenge, the endurance, the experience and the exhilaration,” said Oli Beckingsale, three-time UK Olympic rider and ex-British marathon champion.
About MTBepics/elevator statement
MTBepics is a specialist mountain biking experience provider. Unlike other events providers, MTBepics provides one of a kind events specifically designed for dedicated riders looking to make the most of the British countryside many of us don’t get to see enough while pursuing a feat of endurance. Endorsed by ex-Olympic riders, the events including the Surrey to Salisbury challenge and the Exeter to Plymouth challenge give riders a fully immersive experience. Both are hassle free and designed so that riders can focus on enjoying the journey and trust us, it will be nothing short of epic.