NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc., America’s fastest growing appliance brand1 and a global category leader, is taking innovation in the home appliance category beyond physical products and into the retail realm with CenterStage™. The new concept showcases Samsung’s portfolio of appliances in an ultra-realistic and life-size display with an intuitive touch-screen interface.
According to Samsung research, consumers find appliance shopping confusing and uncomfortable. Thirty-six percent are overwhelmed by too many choices, and 77 percent say the current in-store experience doesn’t provide enough product information.
CenterStage™ was designed to captivate and educate consumers, showcasing the appliances in a highly accessible and intuitive way. With in-depth product details and explanation of features, consumers can actually envision what Samsung’s products will look like in their homes. In addition, an intuitive and user-friendly touch-screen interface has been integrated to leverage people’s familiarity with smartphone gestures and interactions.
“By blending the physical with the digital, we are transforming the way consumers experience our products and making it much easier for them to shop for appliances,” said Yoon C. Lee, vice president, Samsung Electronics. “With retail floors getting more and more cluttered, CenterStage™ offers virtual access to every Samsung home appliance on the market with an immersive UHD display, engaging graphics, and clear explanations of product features and benefits. It’s a one-stop-shop for all appliance needs, and we believe it will appeal to consumers by enhancing and making their home appliance shopping experience easier than ever.
With CenterStage™, consumers will be able to:
- Experience the entire range of Samsung home appliances in true-to-life size at UHD resolution, with exterior, interior and alternate views, plus a zoom function to see features up close
- Understand product features and benefits through a variety of informational videos, graphics, icons and multi-media content
- Filter product information to find the right appliance for their individual needs using a side-by-side comparison tool that considers type, capacity, finish, color, price and more
- Imagine how the appliances will look in their homes through the “scene selector” feature, which populates the specified product and color options into a range of kitchen and laundry room settings – from modern to Mediterranean
- Easily save and share information to their smartphones and other smart devices
The revolution in home appliance marketing will begin in July 2014 as major global retail partners begin to roll it out. Samsung invites the public to experience CenterStage™ first hand at the Samsung Living Atelier event from June 11th through the 15th in NYC. Visitors can use the official hashtag #MasterYourHome, tweet @samsungtweets, and follow Samsung Home Appliances on Facebook or Pinterest.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S. and America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more of the award-winning products you love with Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
1 According to Traqline 2012