INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, from salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), today announced a partnership to create new mobile marketing solutions with LINE, the free call and messaging app, empowering marketers to connect with customers in new ways through mobile messaging.
Comments on the News
- “Marketing has shifted from brands managing customers through campaigns, to brands and customers engaging on a journey together. Now more than ever, that journey is taking place on a mobile device,” said Scott McCorkle, CEO, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “ExactTarget Marketing Cloud empowers brands to take advantage of this shift by connecting with customers in new ways through SMS, MMS push notifications, and now mobile messaging, including LINE and its more than 400 million global users.”
- “We are excited to launch our Business Connect program globally with the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud,” said Shintaro Tabata, Executive Officer Head of Corporate Sales at LINE Corporation. “ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s best in breed mobile marketing solutions will enable brands to connect with customers by delivering valuable content to them directly within the LINE application.”
- “Consumers expect anything they want in their immediate context in their moment of need. They will reach for their phone for information and services. The only open question for you is, will you be there to serve them in that moment?” wrote Julie Ask, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, Inc. in the March 2014 report, "Mobile's Trojan Horse: The Messaging Platform". “Brands that lack the means or that have the sensibility to realize that not every consumer will download their app look to the mass reach of these third-party platforms to engage with consumers to build brand, distribute coupons, or even transact.”
ExactTarget Marketing Cloud and LINE: For The First Time Customers Will Be Able To Power Personalized, Data-Driven Interactions on Mobile Messaging Platforms
LINE’s global registered users recently hit the 400 million mark, and mobile messaging services have added more than one billion users in five years. Mobile messaging platforms are becoming a crucial new channel for marketers to engage with customers on mobile devices, however, many marketers do not have the resources to directly integrate with mobile messaging platforms and send targeted, optimized messages to specific customers.
For the first time, marketers will now have an opportunity to directly engage with customers through messaging platforms alongside all of their 1:1 digital marketing within the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. Similar to short message services (SMS), brands can interact with customers who have “followed” or opted in to receive communication from the brand. Brands can drive engagement through group messaging by sharing exclusive content such as offers, coupons or behind the scenes images and videos. Personalized responses are sent using data directly managed by ExactTarget Marketing cloud, or data from the brand’s database. With the customer’s permission, marketers can also link LINE accounts with the customer’s profile in the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, providing a 360 degree view of the customer that now includes engagement and conversion data from mobile messaging platforms.
ExactTarget Marketing Cloud will allow brands to get closer to their customers on mobile messaging platforms with the following features:
- Deliver valuable content by segmenting and targeting LINE followers based on profile data stored within the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, such as location and language
- Interact with LINE followers in personal two-way communications
- Drive engagement with rich, dynamic content, including videos, images, and audio files
The addition of LINE is the latest innovation from ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s mobile marketing solutions, which allow marketers to send timely, targeted mobile marketing offers, alerts and other mission critical communications through personalized and location-targeted SMS, MMS and push messages, mobile email and mobile applications.
Global Marketing Leaders Deliver 1:1 Marketing at Scale With the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
More than 10,000 companies are now managing digital marketing at scale with the world’s most powerful 1:1 digital marketing platform, the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud from salesforce.com. No other solution enables marketers to manage the entire customer journey, build a single view of the customer and deliver 1:1 relationships at scale.
Pricing & Availability
- ExactTarget Marketing Cloud LINE capabilities are currently in private beta and are expected to generally available in Q3. Pricing will be announced at the time of general availability.
- Watch the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud mobile marketing solutions demo video
- Learn more about ExactTarget Marketing Cloud mobile marketing solutions
- Like Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud on Facebook
- Follow @salesforce, @exacttarget and @marketingcloud on Twitter
About ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud from salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is the leading 1:1 digital marketing platform, connecting companies with customers in entirely new ways. Learn more at www.ExactTarget.com.
The ExactTarget and Salesforce names and logos are the exclusive property of salesforce.com.
© 2014 salesforce.com. All rights reserved.