DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dc29mt/bioinformatics_in) has announced the addition of the "Bioinformatics in IVD Testing" report to their offering.
Computer diagnostics could offer opportunity for clinical laboratory professionals to add value to clinicians in diagnosing diseases. IT companies in collaboration with test vendors are developing computer software that complements the skills of human test interpretation.
This report, Bioinformatics in IVD Testing looks at the various IVD market segments where bionformatics is expected to have the most impact.
Bioinformatics-based testing has made a huge contribution to cancer diagnosis and therapy management. In infectious disease diagnostics it allows the detection of difficult to culture pathogenic bacteria or viruses and to uncover the epidemiology of infections. The bioinformatic analysis of mutations of known human genes is used to diagnose common disorders, inherited diseases, or different types of cancer and can indicate the prognosis of malignant diseases.
What developments are driving this trend? What are labs and providers doing to incorporate these products into practice? And how are payors and regulators reacting? Who is partnering with who to deliver a solid combination product? This report delves into these issues and provides an excellent round-up of the current status of bioinformatics in the IVD industry.
As part of its coverage, the report provides information on the following developments:
- Selected Diagnostic Tests That Incorporate Bioinformatics
- Selected Multiplexed Tissue-Based Cancer Tests
- Selected Histology Analyses Software Tools
- Selected Blood-Based Cancer Biomarker Tests That Use Software Analysis Tools
- Selected Innovations in Bioinformatic-Based Tests For CVD
- Selected Chronic Diseases Tests With Integrated Bioinformatics
- Selected Innovations in Bioinformatic-Based Tests For Psychiatric Disorders
- Selected Systems For Bioinformatics-Based Infectious Disease Testing
- Selected Next Generation Sequencing Platforms
The report looks at the bioinformatics-based product offerings and developments of the following companies, among others:
- RocheAffymetrix Inc.
- AssureRx Health, Inc.
- Genomic Health, Inc.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. (BRLI)
- Dako A/S
- Thermo Fisher
- Medtronic Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Prometheus Labs
- QIAGEN N.V.
In addition to surveying the many uses for bioinformatics in IVD, the report provides 2012 market estimates for the following IVD market segments:
- Molecular Assays
- Mass Spec Clinical Tests and Services
- Molecular Pharmacodiagnostics
- Tissue Arrays
Circulating Tumor Cells
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dc29mt/bioinformatics_in