DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pvcgcw/lateral_flow) has announced the addition of the "Lateral Flow Technology And The Future Of Point Of Care Diagnostics, 2nd Edition" report to their offering.
Lateral flow tests, also known as immunochromatographic strip (ICS) tests, are point of care tests that reduce the time spent waiting for test results from hours to minutes, require less training for operators, and reduce the cost of both device development and care. This report, Lateral Flow Technology and the Future of Point of Care Testing, 2nd Edition, takes an in depth look at the market, technologies, and trends in lateral flow point-of-care testing, looking at both self-testing by patients and at point-of-care testing by healthcare professionals.
Lateral flow (LF) devices and tests have been a popular platform for rapid immunoassays since their introduction in the mid-1980s, and since our last look at the market there has been continued interest and innovations. This report profiles over a hundred companies that currently market lateral flow tests. Many of these companies, plus more than ten additional companies, are developing innovations in lateral flow-based devices. Companies profiled in this report use lateral flow technology to develop and market a wide range of rapid tests for market segments of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests that can be performed in centralized laboratories.
Every critical aspect of the lateral flow test market is addressed, including the following key topics:
- The current sales figures for LF products and realistic projections for 2017
- The core factors driving LF testing revenues up.
- Breakout of LF-POC market by Self Test and Professional Breakout of LF-POC market by Key Test Segments (Fertility, Infectious Disease, Cardiac Markers, Oncology, Drugs of Abuse, Other)
- Need-to-know companies in Lateral Flow Test devices.
- The trends to watch that could increase sales predictions.
- Expected gains to be made by LF POC devices over lab-based immunoassays across categories.
- Regional markets for lateral flow tests (US, Europe, Japan, ROW)
- Companies launching innovative devices.
- Obstacles that could trap new entrants.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Executive Summary
Chapter Two: Introduction
Chapter Three: Technical Issues And Innovations For Lateral Flow Devices
Chapter Four: Issues And Trends
Chapter Five: Market Analysis
Chapter Six: Companies Marketing Lf Poc/Rapid Test Devices
Chapter Seven: Companies Entering Lf Poc/Rapid Test Market Or Launching Novel Tests
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pvcgcw/lateral_flow