MIDDLETOWN, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Phoenix Contact has officially opened its new San Jose Customer Technology Center. The CTC gives the company a local presence to better serve the 5,600 customers who live within a four-hour drive of Silicon Valley.
The CTC is located at 181 Metro Drive, San Jose, Calif., just a two-minute drive from the San Jose airport. Phoenix Contact will host training classes, customer meetings and other events at the CTC. Jack Nehlig, president of Phoenix Contact USA, and Spencer Bolgard, vice president and general manager, hosted more than 100 customers and about 25 employees at a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Thursday, June 5.
Bolgard stated: “We are very happy to open our new Customer Technology Center (CTC) in the heart of the electronics and renewable energy industries. This CTC, our third, represents Phoenix Contact's continued service and education commitment to our customers and our channel partners. We believe the San Jose Tech Center will continue to help us get closer to our partners and help them experience how we inspire through innovation.”
The 8,900-square-foot facility features a training room, demonstration room and office space. When configured as a classroom, the training room can accommodate up to 32 people seated at desks. Thanks to moveable tables and adaptable configuration options, the room can host up to twice that number in a lecture setting.
In the demonstration room, customers can get a look at Phoenix Contact products and solutions for high-tech applications, such as:
- Industrial and process controls: Device connectors and connection solutions
- Solar power: Junction box connectors and string monitoring
- Building automation: Device connectors and controls
- Electric vehicles: AC and DC charging plug systems
- LED lighting: Easy connections and control solutions
- SCADA control: Devices for critical infrastructure industries (oil and gas, water/wastewater, the electric power grid, transportation)
- Network security: Devices and services designed to keep unwanted traffic off industrial networks
Phoenix Contact also operates CTCs in Ann Arbor, Mich., and Houston. U.S. headquarters are located just outside of Harrisburg, Pa.
About Phoenix Contact
Phoenix Contact develops and manufactures industrial electrical and electronic technology products that power, protect, connect and automate systems and equipment for a wide range of industries. Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG, Blomberg, Germany, operates 50 international subsidiaries, including Phoenix Contact USA in Middletown, Pa.