LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Residential and Enterprise Femtocell Equipment report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
“Overall, the femtocell and enterprise small cell equipment market has seen robust unit and revenue growth over the previous half-year period, and we remain optimistic that these small cell segments have sufficient market drivers and support among operators to sustain continuous year-over-year unit and revenue growth through 2018,” notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for mobile backhaul and small cells at Infonetics Research.
“4G macro network deployments are underway in many places, and operators are starting to launch 4G-based femtocells to augment mobile broadband services,” adds Webb. “Boosted by enterprise small cell adoption kicking in to help mobile operators support enterprise-specific voice and data offerings, we believe 4G femtocell and enterprise small cell revenue will climb to $2.3 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 77 percent from 2013 to 2018.”
FEMTOCELL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide femtocell and enterprise small cell equipment revenue reached $144 million in 1Q14, up 6% from 4Q13
- LTE femtocells, the highest ARPU products in the market, are a driving force behind revenue growth, though W-CDMA femtocells still make up the dominant proportion of unit shipments
The residential segment led with 59% of femtocell revenue in 1Q14,
ahead of the enterprise small cell segment
- These are distinct markets in their own right, and Infonetics expects to see increasing specialization from vendors and operators alike
- Integrated femtocells grew to 8% of total units in 1Q14 and are anticipated to account for about a third of unit shipments by 2018, predominantly into the residential segment
- Femtocell/enterprise small cell equipment revenue market share leaders in 1Q14 are, in alphabetical order, Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, and ip.access
WEBINAR: DAS, SMALL CELLS, AND WIFI
Watch on-demand now: How to Get the Best Out of DAS, Small Cells, and WiFi, which analyzes the future of distributed antenna systems (DAS) and their relationship to small cells, remote radio heads (RRHs), and WiFi. Viewers receive a free Infonetics DAS report: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=783410&s=1&k=CD70E2F6D98C3E67A3B5A1936E23DB13
FEMTOCELL REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' biannual femtocell report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for 2G (GSM/GPRS and CDMA), 3G (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO, and TD-SCDMA), and 4G (FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE) femtocells by form factor and market segment. Companies tracked: Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Argela, Cisco, Contela, Fujitsu, Huawei, ip.access, NEC, QuCell, Samsung, SpiderCloud, Ubee Interactive, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Microwave equipment market slides 17% sequentially in 1Q14; NEC gains
- China's huge LTE rollouts and EU network upgrades push carrier capex to $354B this year
- DAS market growth in N. America and Brazil offsets China slowdown
- Carriers going gangbusters with WiFi and Hotspot 2.0
- Small cell market on track to increase 65% this year
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ market research brochure and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
- Millimeter Wave Equipment Market Share & Forecasts (Apr.)
- Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment & Services Market Share & Forecasts (Apr.)
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment Market Size & Forecasts (June)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Attend)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (June 19: Attend)
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, Small Cells, and WiFi (View on-demand)
- Indoor Wireless Solutions: Technologies, Challenges, and Backhaul (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.