DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvzdtn/personal_3d) has announced the addition of the "Personal 3D Printing Markets: 2014 - 2023" report to their offering.
The market for personal 3D printers looks vastly different than it did only a year ago. Market leaders have quickly expanded equipment offerings to fill out the entire market in an attempt to be everything to everyone. This has allowed focused, smaller companies to challenge incumbent's position by targeting niche markets in the personal printing space. Developing dedicated user bases and offering more direct customer service avenues will help a number of entrepreneurial personal printers equipment manufacturers capture large swaths of the market over the next decade.
The next generation of personal 3DP equipment will provide value that will open up large addressable markets. Meanwhile, new highly accurate personal SLA equipment opens up novel opportunities to serve existing customers, as well as new ones. The switch from to specialized 3DP equipment components promises a large boost of performance in the next 3-4 years.
Meanwhile, the magnitude of the opportunities in personal 3DP are unsettling business norms. Some of the most promising players only a year ago have faded into obscurity; Meanwhile, new companies are securing large orders and rising to prominence rapidly. The rules of competition are constantly being re-written as more and more companies aggressively move to claim their piece of the pie. Global retailers do their best to make sense of this shifting space, seeking to understand how and where to get involved.
Manufacturers of 3DP equipment are now work urgently to expand production capacity and drive economies of scale in order to cement their position in the industry. Their urgency is well-founded: public excitement for 3DP technology has hit critical mass and will manifest in large numbers of equipment sales, materials, software, and services over the next few years.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Opportunity Overview In Personal 3D Printing Markets
- A shifting personal printing landscape
- A note about the scope of the report
- A note about the use of the term makers in this report
- Is RepRap going to go away?
- Understanding the personal 3DP market through analogies
- Crowd-sourcing's role in personal 3DP markets
- Personal 3DP in a global context
- Personal 3DP forecast overview
Chapter Two: Players in the personal printing space
- Strategic implications of current industry organization
- The twenty biggest personal 3DP firms
- Will HP and other large consumer electronics groups get involved?
Chapter Three: Personal 3DP Equipment
- Value drivers of personal 3DP equipment
- New innovations in FDM equipment
- Current price trends in the personal 3DP industry
- Opportunities in SL personal printers
- Opportunities in compact personal 3DP
Chapter Four: Materials, software, services, scanners, and other peripherals
- Opportunities in personal 3DP peripherals
- Opportunities on personal 3DP materials
- Opportunities in personal printing software
- Killer apps
Chapter Five: Opportunities in educational markets and home businesses
- 3DP as an entrepreneurial catalyst
- Opportunities for personal 3DP in education
- Education has a different set of value drivers
- Big companies are emphasizing education
- Integrating personal 3DP into Curriculums
Chapter Six: Personal 3DP forecasts
- Total personal 3DP market
- Personal 3DP market share forecast
- Personal FDM printer market
- Personal FDM printer materials market
- Personal SLA printer market
- Personal SLA printer materials market
- Total sub $5,000 printer market
- Total personal 3D materials market
- Personal 3DP software market
- Personal 3DP services market
- Personal 3DP scanner market
- 3D Systems
- Airwolf 3D
- Aleph Objects
- Beijing Tiertime
- German RepRap
- Type A Machines
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tvzdtn/personal_3d