TAIPEI, Taiwan & FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2014, Kelti International Building 14F -- HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of HyperX Impact memory for gamers and enthusiasts who want to upgrade and boost performance in their laptops and small form factor PCs. HyperX Impact replaces the current SO-DIMM offerings under Genesis, PnP and LoVo into one family.
HyperX Impact achieved a world record for the fastest SO-DIMM frequency running at 2666MHz. A video of that performance can be seen here. HyperX Impact is available in frequencies ranging from 1600MHz to an industry-fastest 2400MHz in capacities of 4GB and 8GB single modules and 8GB to 16GB kits of 2. Voltages start at 1.35V and upgrading is effortless as Plug and Play (PnP) functionality is designed into every module to automatically overclock within the system speed allowance without manual tuning. HyperX Impact can also be used to upgrade small form factor systems such as the Gigabyte BRIX, Intel NUC and ZOTAC ZBOX.
For entry-level gamers, HyperX FURY SSD features locked synchronous NAND and is powered by the LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller with SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s) performance. The new, entry-level solid-state drive offers exceptional read/write speeds of 500/500MB/s and is ideal for quicker boot times, application loading and file execution. It is available in 120GB and 240GB capacities. HyperX FURY SSD is the latest addition to the HyperX FURY family as it joins the recently released HyperX FURY DRAM.
HyperX FURY SSD is available as a standalone drive with an included 7mm to 9.5mm adapter. It is backed by a three-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary HyperX reliability.
HyperX also announces the following at COMPUTEX TAIPEI:
- “HOT” HyperX OC Takeover competition. Overclockers from around the world will compete for $10,000 (USD) in total prize money for the top marks in Maximum Memory Frequency, SuperPi 32M and XTU with a secret processor to be revealed at the event. Following Taiwan, HyperX will stage four regional online HOT tournaments on hwbot.org to lead up to a $15,000 (USD) World Finals held at 2015 International CES®.
- A preview of the forthcoming special White Edition HyperX Cloud headset that features the same award-winning comfort of the black HyperX Cloud, but with white ear cups and stitching.
- HyperX Skyn: A paper-thin hard mouse pad with an adhesive bottom to stick to a desk, yet removable with a lift of a tab on the side. HyperX Skyn comes in a package of two. One mouse pad creates a surface to give the gamer more control for accuracy while another allows increased speed for fast moving action.
“We are happy to launch the fastest SO-DIMMs in the world to increase performance in notebooks, small form factor PCs and other machines,” said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. “The White Cloud headset and new mouse pad shows our commitment to the gaming and eSports community. For overclockers, HyperX set the world record at 4415MHz and we hope to even go higher this year with our HOT competitions.”
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, and headsets. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 20 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack and PAX.
For more information visit the HyperX home page.
HyperX Impact Memory Features and Specifications:
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB (single) and 8GB, 16GB (kits)
- Frequency: (speed) 1600MHz–2400MHz
- Channel Architecture: Dual Channel
- Latency: CL9-CL12
- Voltage: 1.35V
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -55°C to 100°C
- Dimensions: 68.1mm x 30.45mm
- Chipsets Compatible: with HM65, HM67, HM70, HM75, HM76, HM77, HM86, HM87, QM67, QM87, QS67, UM67 and UM77 Intel chipsets
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|HX316LS9IB/4||4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SO DIMM 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX316LS9IBK2/8||8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX316LS9IB/8||8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SO DIMM 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX316LS9IBK2/16||16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX318LS10IBK2/8||8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX318LS10IBK2/16||16GB 1866Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX321LS11IBK2/8||8GB 2133Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX321LS11IBK2/16||16GB 2133Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact|
|HX324LS12IBK2/8||8GB 2400Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL12 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact5|
|HX324LS12IBK2/16||16GB 2400Mhz DDR3 Non-ECC CL12 SO DIMM (Kit of 2) 1.35V HyperX Impact5|
HyperX Impact Part Number Decoder: HX3=(Frequency); LS=(Low Voltage SO-DIMM); CAS Latency Number); IB=Impact Black PCB; K2=Kit of 2/Total Gigabyte Capacity
HyperX FURY SSD Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 120GB, 240GB
- Baseline Performance2: Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO)
- All capacities: 500MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark)
- 120GB : 330MB/s Read and 130MB/s Write
- 240GB : 390MB/s Read and 250MB/s Write
IOMETER Maximum Random 4k Read/Write
- 120GB: up to 72,500/ up to 79,000 IOPS
- 240GB: up to 72,500/ up to 79,000 IOPS
PCMark® Vantage HDD Suite Score
- 120GB: 60,000
- 240GB: 60,000
PCMark 8 Storage Bandwidth
- 120GB: 133.36 MB/s
- 240GB: 183.18 MB/s
- 0.31 W Idle / 0.35 W Avg. / 1.65 W (MAX) Read / 2.76 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7mm
- Weight: 86g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
Total Bytes Written (TBW) 3
- 120GB: 315TB 2 DWPD4
- 240GB: 641TB 2 DWPD4
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is
used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for
data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is
less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to
Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD)
5 Coming soon
|HyperX FURY SSD|
|SHFS37A/120G||120GB stand-alone SSD|
|SHFS37A/240G||240GB stand-alone SSD|
HyperX Cloud White Edition Features and Specifications:
- Colors: White, Black
- Transducer Type: dynamic Ø 53mm
- Operating Principle: closed
- Frequency Response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 60 Ω per system
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Power Handling Capacity: 150mW
- Sound Coupling To The Ear: circumaural
- Ambient Noise Attenuation: approx. 20dBa
- Headband Pressure: 5N
- Weight With Microphone And Cable: 350g
- Cable Length And Type: 1m + 2m extension + 10cm iPhone
- Connection: mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
- Transducer Type: condenser (back electret)
- Operating Principle: pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Power Supply: AB powering
- Supply Voltage: 2V
- Current Consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Nominal Impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open Circuit Voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- Frequency Response: 100–12,000 Hz
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone Output: -39±3dB
- Length Mic Boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule Diameter: Ø6*5 mm
- Connection: mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
HyperX can be found on:
HyperX® is a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer. Established in 2002, HyperX is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call 800-337-8410 or visit www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx.
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Digital, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/press/default.asp
Kingston, the Kingston logo and HyperX are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.