SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SKTA Innopartners Accelerator will host a dual-themed, hardware hack-a-thon: Datacenter Infrastructure & Internet of Things (IoT). The hack-a-thon kick off is slated for June 24, 2014 from 6:00 – 8:00pm at SKTA Innopartners Headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. SKTA Innopartners’ Innovation Accelerator seeds new startup companies with up to $1M in funding and essential resources along with a match to an industry leading Strategic Partner. The finalists in each theme will pitch their concept to Innopartners and affiliated VCs. The winners are eligible to receive valuable prizes.
The Hackathon will focus on two distinct themes; Datacenter Infrastructure (e.g. Power efficiency, NFV, Application Performance, Interconnect, Datacenter Management Software, Monitoring/Analytics, New Storage Technologies: Flash Array or Persistent Memory) and Internet of Things (IoT) (e.g. Smart Home, Sensors, M2M Networking, Smart Car, Security, Wireless Power and Contextual Awareness).
Hackathon Event Dates and Details
- June 24, 2014 - self-selected team formation will occur from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at SKTA Headquarters (310 De Guigne Drive, Sunnyvale CA 94085) including an introductory reception and review of the rules.
- August 20, 2014 - concept presentations are due into Innopartners for finalist selection
August 26, 2014 - Finalist presentations, judging and awards ceremony
from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Teams must provide their own equipment and components
- Finalist presentations to the SKTA Innopartners, Venture Capitalists, Advisors, and Strategic Partners are limited to 15 minutes
- Winner of the IoT and Datacenter Infrastructure theme each receives an SSD Drive and gift card
For additional information, please visit: http://www.meetup.com/SKTA-Innopartners-Innovation-Accelerator/events/186178092/
About SKTA Innovation Accelerator
SKTA Innovation Accelerator is a different kind of accelerator based in Silicon Valley. We seed core technology startups by matching entrepreneurs with Strategic Partners committed to providing technical and market guidance for rapidly developing the minimum-viable product for the right market segment. The SKTA Innovation Accelerator provides startups with up to $1 million in funding, professional services, development tools and state-of-the-art facilities to jumpstart the technology ecosystem needed to power the next wave of innovation. For more information please visit http://sktainnopartners.com/.