TEMPLE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 25 new design introductions to the Wilsonart® Contract Laminate Collection represent a cultural mosaic that celebrate America’s unique heritage and takes its inspiration from the old, the new and the unique. Borrowing the spirit of the Bohemian, the finds of the local flea market, the perfect imperfection of folk art and the quest for quality in craftsmanship, the new collection celebrates the best of America’s freedom of creativity. These patterns will be part of the “Wilsonart® Cre8ivity Tour,” a nationwide roadshow sponsored by Wilsonart that will visit cities across America this summer.
“This year’s collection draws design inspiration from trends of years past, with a modern spin,” said Natalia Smith, Design Manager, Wilsonart. “When you walk into a room and feel a certain positive energy or vibe that excites you and really makes you want to explore or soak it all in – that’s the intangible feeling we’ve captured with these new designs.”
Six trends inspired the variety of versatile designs which make up the 2014 collection:
- Heritage – A combination of “Industrial Chic,” “Rustic Glam” and “What’s Old is New Again,” Heritage is the visual representation of celebrating our roots, with a touch of modern.
- Folk Art – Whether it’s old or new, Folk Art is handmade, and it enlivens Heritage. It represents a freeing form of self-expression and honors the beauty in imperfection.
- American Eclectic – A blend of Heritage mixed with Folk Art, American Eclectic is highlighted by clean and sophisticated lines in a modern interpretation.
- Flea Market Finds – Flea Market Finds is about being original; creating a space that is unique and makes a statement. It’s also a nod to the notion that “less is more,” and a bold statement against mass consumerism.
- Bohemian Spirit – A movement of living more simply, Bohemian Spirit is a celebration of being untethered, independent and most of all, being creative in all things.
- Circa – Today – A modern day “Arts and Crafts” movement, Circa – Today speaks out against mass industrialization, sends a cry to society to value quality in craftsmanship and urges more American-made items.
The 25 designs of the Wilsonart Contract Laminate Collection fall under three categories:
- Woodgrains – Last year’s Wilsonart® Premium Laminate introductions Truss Maple (7972K-12) and Old Mill Oak (7973K-12), plus new Oiled Chestnut (7974K-12), Raw Chestnut (7975K-12), White Cypress (7976K-12), White Barn (7977K-12), Blue Barn (7978K-12), Red Barn (7979K-12), Zebrawood (7980K-18) and Landmark Wood (7981K-12).
- Abstracts – New Denim Tracery (4961-38), Gesso Tracery (4962-38), Faded Trellis (4963-38), Shadow Trellis (4964-38), Basket Weaving 101 (4965-38), Basket Weaving 201 (4966-38), Urban Bronze (4967-38), Urban Iron (4968-38) and Tweedish (4969-38).
- Solid Colors – New Linen (D427-60), which is also available in Wilsonart® Solicor™ Laminate, as well as Flamingo (D497-60), Island (D498-60), Sunshine (D499-60), Orange Grove (D501-60) and Ocean (D502-60).
The wide variety of designs offered in the 2014 Wilsonart Contract Laminate Collection not only allows designers and fabricators the freedom to make a commercial or even residential space unique; it supports the continued trend of creatively mixing surface materials like Wilsonart® Laminate and Decorative Metals in horizontal and vertical applications.
“These new patterns are designed for versatility,” said Smith. “We see these materials used for both horizontal and vertical surfaces from countertops and cabinetry to walls to add interest to a room – the possibilities are endless.”
2014 Wilsonart® Cre8ivity Tour
The 2014 Wilsonart Contract Laminate Collection will debut summer 2014 in a 9-city Wilsonart Roadshow that includes Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Denver, Atlanta and Houston. The tour will include guest speakers from the design community, interactive discussions and an exhibit of the winning chairs from the 2014 “Wilsonart Challenges...” Student Chair Design Competition. To learn more or to order samples, visit www.Wilsonart.com.
Wilsonart LLC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and distributors of High Pressure Laminates and other engineered surfaces used in furniture, office and retail space, countertops, worktops and other applications. The company operates under the Wilsonart, Resopal, Polyrey and Arborite brands and has achieved success through a combination of outstanding service, high-quality products and a focus on continuously redefining decorative surfaces through improved performance and aesthetics. For more information, visit www.Wilsonart.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Wilsonart is a registered trademark of Wilsonart LLC.