SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jetpac, the company behind the highest-rated travel app in Apple’s App Store, today announced the release of the Jetpac City Guides version 2.0 app for iPhone – an upgrade of the Instagram-driven, Webby Award-winning guide that gives iPhone users the real picture of popular places in their cities and around the world.
Utilizing big data imaging of more than 150 million photos and encompassing more than 6,000 cities, Jetpac City Guides curates Instagram’s public photos to help users find everything from the top bars with women wearing lipstick to coffee shops full of mustached men to the restaurants with the best views. It gives a new take on today’s digital city guides, utilizing big data imaging rather than user reviews. And now, it includes exciting new features, such as:
- Curate your own city guides. Now you can check out any city guide in the app, and all your saved favorites will automatically be organized in folders that work as your own personalized city guides.
- Pin to Pinterest. Users are now able to transfer all the good stuff they find in Jetpac City Guides to other places where they work on their travel itineraries or travel dreams. You can now pin any venue directly to any board you have on Pinterest, and they will show up as rich pins with location and venue info attached.
- Advanced image search. Sometimes you’re not just looking for any restaurant, but maybe one with a beautiful view, or the type of restaurants where the locals are hanging out. You can now search for very specific things like “bars with a view” or “Japanese restaurants women love” to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Search for a venue. Now you can look up any venue and check out the Instagram photos that people have shared and see if the crowd suits your taste of company. You can search directly for millions of venues in thousands of cities across the world and save them to your favorites.
- Nearby search. Are you on the go and looking for something in particular nearby? The nearby search will show you results within the distance of your choice (2, 5, 10, 20 miles).
- See Top 10 maps. With this feature, users can now see the location of those items listed in a Top 10 guide on one map for a streamlined visual experience. You can then click on the location marker to go directly to this place on the list.
- View full-screen photos. Photos are now available for viewing in full screen for increased ease of viewing.
“We’re thrilled to launch this updated version of the app,” said Julian Green, co-founder and CEO of Jetpac. “Taking into consideration the feedback from the Jetpac community to create it, I believe version 2.0 makes it easier than ever to find out where in your city people like you go for fun, and to plan your next vacation.”
Jetpac recently won a Webby Award in the “Guides, Ratings and Reviews” category for the previous version of Jetpac City Guides. Now in its 18th year, the Webby Awards are considered the Internet’s most respected symbol of success. More than 12,000 submissions from more than 60 countries and all 50 states were considered for this year’s awards.
You can download Jetpac City Guides version 2.0 here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetpac-city-guides/id735450914?mt=8.
Jetpac (www.jetpac.com) is the company behind the Webby Award-winning Jetpac City Guides, Spotter by Jetpac and Deep Belief by Jetpac apps. It utilizes sophisticated image processing to bring social travel and object identification apps to life. Founded in 2011, Jetpac is a Khosla Ventures, Jerry Yang (AME Ventures) and Morado Ventures-backed startup based in San Francisco.