LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LiveDeal Inc. (NASDAQ:LIVE) ("LiveDeal" or the "Company"), a publicly traded company that operates www.livedeal.com, a geo-location based mobile marketing platform that enables restaurants to publish “real-time” and “instant offers” to nearby consumers, today announced that it has reached a significant milestone on the Company’s mobile platform with 10,000 restaurant deals available at over 8,000 dining locations in 35 major US cities.
Recently livedeal.com reached the 5,000 available deals mark in only New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego, but the Company quickly surpassed that mark and has grown to 10,000 listed-deals in 35 major US cities as of May 28, 2014.
Jon Isaac, President and CEO of LiveDeal said of the number of deals now available on the Company’s platform, “We are very pleased with the enthusiasm with which restaurants are adopting our geo-location based deal engine and with the robustness of the technology. Thousands of deals are routinely uploaded onto the platform in real-time for local consumers to view and participate.”
Mr. Isaac continued, “We have assembled an experienced procurement team which has worked overtime to educate restaurant owners on our platform, identify opportunities, and develop relationships. We believe that reaching this milestone so quickly is a testament not only to the well-designed architecture of the deal engine, but also that our platform filled a void by giving restaurants complete control of their own promotions.”
What is livedeal.com?
livedeal.com is a unique, real-time "deal engine" that connects merchants with consumers. The Company believes that it has developed a first-of-its-kind web/mobile platform providing restaurants with full control and flexibility to instantly publish customized offers whenever they wish to attract customers. The website includes a number of user and restaurant-friendly features, including:
- an intuitive interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately or on a preset schedule that is fully customizable;
- state-of-the-art scheduling technology giving restaurants the freedom to choose the days, times and duration of the offers, enabling them to create offers that entice consumers to visit their establishment during their slower periods;
- advanced publishing options allowing restaurants to manage traffic by limiting the number of available vouchers to consumers;
- superior geo-location technology allowing multi-location restaurants to segment offers by location, thereby attracting customers to slower locations while eliminating potential over-crowding at busier sites;
- innovative proprietary restaurant indexing methodology; and
- a user-friendly mobile and desktop web interface allowing consumers to easily browse, download and instantly redeem "live" offers found on livedeal.com based on their location.
Restaurants can sign up to use the LiveDeal platform at the Company's website (www.livedeal.com).
About LiveDeal Inc.
LiveDeal Inc. provides marketing solutions that boost customer awareness and merchant visibility on the Internet. LiveDeal operates a deal engine, which is a service that connects merchants and consumers via an innovative platform that uses geo-location, enabling businesses to communicate real-time and instant offers to nearby consumers. In November 2012, LiveDeal commenced the sale of marketing tools that help local businesses manage their online presence under the Company's Velocity Local™ brand. LiveDeal continues to actively develop, revise, and evaluate these products and services and its marketing strategies and procedures. For more information, visit www.livedeal.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements that are based on present circumstances and on LiveDeal's predictions with respect to events that have not occurred, that may not occur, or that may occur with different consequences and timing than those now assumed or anticipated. Such forward-looking statements, including any statements regarding the plans and objectives of management for future operations or products, the market acceptance or future success of our products, and our future financial performance, are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from the events or results described in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made only as of the date of this release and LiveDeal does not undertake and specifically declines any obligation to update any forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.